RobCo

M1A Socom 16 question

Have a question for anyone that has knowledge of the M1A.

I have an M1A Socom 16 and was just curious if the M1A Socom 16 CQB stock can be used on the M1A Socom 16?

M1A Socom 16

http://www.springfield-armory.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/AA9626_1200x3061.png

M1A Socom 16 CQB

http://www.springfield-armory.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/AA9611_1200x306.png

thanks

Thanks

There should be no reason why it could not fit, it is essentially the same rifle - the metal bits are the same as far as receiver etc.

However, you now have to Jerzify it, right?

Frankly, imo I do not see the upside of that stock, especially if you have to make it compliant.

Get a nice GI fiberglass stock and/or wood stock, get a gi top cover and lose that forward rail crap - and go to town.  But that is just me -

There should be no reason why it could not fit, it is essentially the same rifle - the metal bits are the same as far as receiver etc.

However, you now have to Jerzify it, right?

Frankly, imo I do not see the upside of that stock, especially if you have to make it compliant.

Get a nice GI fiberglass stock and/or wood stock, get a gi top cover and lose that forward rail crap - and go to town. But that is just me -

Yea, and that means pinning the brake which is not a good thing on the M1A and pin the stock.

Nick, the Socom 16 doesn't have the rail system. You are thinking of the Socom II...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yea I don't care for the forward scope mount either, I'll probably remove it. And swap the stock with a nice wood one. 

Just have to find the right top cover for it

Pinning the brake -  EXCELLENT POINT ! :)

I meant the forward scope mount.......I took that off my scout squad...........  ;)