Sign in to follow this  
sroc112

Best NJ shop to sell firearms

Based on experience from those of you who have sold firearms to a shop, and perhaps got multiple quotes from other shops for comparison - what NJ shop do you feel offered you the best price when selling a gun to them?

• Like 1

Most shops aren't going to give you a great price for just plain out selling. They have to put out the cash and then carry the gun on a gamble that it might sell. 

If you don't want to deal with the hassle of dealing with selling yourself privately (Either here, or on Gunbroker), you might like to try consignment. 

Steve at Monmouth Arms was great when I put my gun on consignment with him. 

A dealer will give you about 50% of what he or she can sell the gun for. Not screwing you. A dealer has to eat too. The advantage of selling to a dealer is you get your money right away but less of it.

I've never had a hassle selling a gun privately...except once. I came down in price and the guy still wanted me to throw in about $100 worth of ammo. I told him no and we both went our ways.

Selling on this forum is easy compared to Gun broker or one of the other Web sites.

What are you selling?

Shoot me a PM with what you'd take. Im not even that interested as i already have a stainless SR1911, but, the dealer is going to give you pocket change, and for that much, it can sit in the safe and look pirty.. maybe ill put Green grips on it for my fiance or get it cerakoted a pretty color..

Just sell privately. It's as easy as going to Dunkin donuts and buying a coffee. Plus you will help the buyer in getting a gun for a good price and you will get much more money than the pennies a gunshop will give you.

Youd be crazy to throw money away like that.

Look for the ruger forum online. Offer for sale . Must ship to an 01, and ship fedex or UPS. Quick sale out of NJ. If I wanted to wait for 4 months for a permit I would buy it!

No reason to sell to gun store today unless they are going to pay you near market value. Even though I can't stand owners and mods gunboards has the most action on the trader, PAFOA is another good one, and of course the Ruger Forum as recommend. This forum for long guns is great but handguns may not be the best but it can't hurt to list it on all of them. Just post in listings it is cross posted.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1