Lambo2936

Shootin' get together at Range 14 (Ft. Dix)?

How many of you guys on here shoot down in Fort Dix? I'd like to be able to put together a meet, especially for younger people such as myself to get to know others with similar interests (obviously you old people can come, too)
I know the shotgun shootout seems to be fairly popular around here, but at Range 14 there's the option to shoot off a bench (or other positions) up to 200 yards out. I would gladly bring all of my firearms so that others can try them out, and i'm sure others on here would do so as well?
Each table is limited to 4 people. One member can bring 3 other individuals. I'd imagine if we're a large enough party i can contact them to reserve tables ahead of time. What do you guys think? We can do it on a Friday or on a weekend or something?

Only downside is that it'd cost all of you folks 4$/hour. I have a membership and can bring 3 others, but everyone (including members) has to pay the 4$/hour to keep the annual membership rate down. I wouldn't mind anyone bringing their significant others, friends, etc. as well to get them into the sport..
Let me know what you guys think? I think it'd be a neat idea, and i know for a fact that there are quite a few folks on here around my age (22).

Another thought is maybe combining the shotgun shootout with standard rifle bench shooting and such? They also have a trap range or whatever; i don't do the shotgun thing, haha.
If anyone lives up North, they can meet at my home in Woodbridge (or we can meet somewhere in the area) and i can drive a few people with my truck.. seats 5 and i've got an enclosed truck bed with a cap on it, so everything would be safely locked away.

make a post here, NJ GUN OWNERS RANGE OUTINGS https://www.facebook.com/groups/1646106128979305/

there a bunch of folks who meet up to shoot there.

R14 ROs don't like the bigger groups because of safety issues tho. I believe that was mentioned in a thread about meetups few years ago.

We used to do the occasional shoot at R14, however it gets VERY busy and hard to coordinate during weekends. I don't even have my membership there anymore.

So do you have a membership anywhere, or just do the old man shotgun meet ups?

make a post here, NJ GUN OWNERS RANGE OUTINGS https://www.facebook.com/groups/1646106128979305/

there a bunch of folks who meet up to shoot there.

R14 ROs don't like the bigger groups because of safety issues tho. I believe that was mentioned in a thread about meetups few years ago.

4 people to a table and youre good to go. The ROs are chill, just dont do anything stupid and make their lives harder, haha.

4 people to a table and youre good to go. The ROs are chill, just dont do anything stupid and make their lives harder, haha.

That works out if planned well in advance, but honestly people will tend to socialize and float around so it can get crazy for the ROs.

So do you have a membership anywhere, or just do the old man shotgun meet ups?

Lol, I'm 39 guess I'm an old man. We should start one at Black River after labor day when the range is open on weekends again. Clinton is an hour drive for me.

Yeah, that's what im thinking.
I have no idea when to do it, so i'm hoping someone can throw something out and we'll see if it sticks.

I may go this upcoming weekend, i'm not sure yet, but id imagine this one will have to be planned with a bit of a heads up; maybe 3 weeks from now or so.

• Like 1

what if we could get them to open the range outside of their usual hours? because id be down for something like that 

Would be cool, but unlikely. Its not a private range, so i doubt we could bribe them into doing so, nor would it really be worthwhile. We can get a decent group to go during a weekend day. Its starting to get cooler out and during the fall the crowds start to die down. Worst case scenario we have to wait a bit longer, but id probably just give them a heads up if we were a larger group.

There's an 80% chance I will be going to R-14 Sunday morning.

Im praying i can go sometime this weekend.

Just started working on a few job sites so i'm friggin swamped with a good few weeks worth of work. Hopefully (?) i can take a day off sometime this weekend. I had promised to take my sister to the airport tomorrow so im down a day already :(

One way to do it is have the group (assuming it's big enough) split in two.  One half shoots while the other half BS's behind the safe line.  After an hour, you'll switch.  The desk can probably work it out. They announce when a table's time is up.

That way the shooters won't be so inclined to roam around.  It'll be a little more organized.  And they'll be time to talk when the hour is over...or before you shoot.

If people have enough free time.. do it again.  Just have to sort it out with the desk.

But as mentioned... it can get busy on weekends.  I think starting early would be better than any other time of day.