Sign in to follow this  
JackDaWack

Wildcat Ridge WMA

Is Splitrock Reservoir now part of Wildcat? The state purchased the land around it and i believe the reservoir itself last December. The WMA map even has the reservoir within it now.

It's all state land now. But I'm not sure if it's just state park land or part of the WMA.

It's all state land now. But I'm not sure if it's just state park land or part of the WMA.

This is what i'm curious about because the state can either make it part of Farny State Park or Wildcat. Based on the outline of the Wildcat WMA map its clearly marked within its boundaries. It would be nice to have another large body of water to hunt up here.

• Like 1

This is what i'm curious about because the state can either make it part of Farny State Park or Wildcat. Based on the outline of the Wildcat WMA map its clearly marked within its boundaries. It would be nice to have another large body of water to hunt up here.

I'll ask at the next federation meeting if we have a state Representative there. Won't be till 3rd Wednesday in September though.
  • Like 1

I'll ask at the next federation meeting if we have a state Representative there. Won't be till 3rd Wednesday in September though.

I would appreciate that very much! This could serve as a late season spot if the reservoir is deep enough, but I can't find depth charts for it.