High Velocity

Glock brand front sight tool

steer clear of the actual glock front sight tool it is all plastic with a metal end ....worked well removing factory plastic and installing trijicons...but snapped while removing a blue locktited front sight.....as mentioned an electronics 3/16 spun in a drill against a file has been serving me well for several years

Ameriglo makes a nice one. The driver end on the tool is usually a softer metal than the nut that holds the sight - this lets the tool strip instead of breaking the front sight - so they strip out fairly often. The Ameriglo tool allows you to change the tips out for a fresh one if one gets beat up and stops working.

Buy a front sight from Dawson and they give you a tool. I had a couple laying around until people borrowed then and didn't return them. I'm down to my last one now.

Yeah the dawson sights seem really popular. Couldn't make up my mind on which ones to go with. Wife asked what I wanted for my birthday. So I told her to get me a set of the warren sevigny competition sights. Anything has to be better than the stock sights.

If she hasn't ordered them already get the Dawson's. They give you all the tools you need and if you buy one of their sets with the recommended height front sight they will keep sending you front sights if it doesn't zero with the recommended height.

For a Glock I really like their charger rear sight as it gives you a vertical surface to rack the gun one handed if you need to without risking the tiny screw that holds in the front sight.

The best description of stock Glock sights I have ever heard is "dovetail protectors" lol

• Like 1

If she hasn't ordered them already get the Dawson's. They give you all the tools you need and if you buy one of their sets with the recommended height front sight they will keep sending you front sights if it doesn't zero with the recommended height.

For a Glock I really like their charger rear sight as it gives you a vertical surface to rack the gun one handed if you need to without risking the tiny screw that holds in the front sight.

The best description of stock Glock sights I have ever heard is "dovetail protectors" lol

Stu has nailed it on both accounts here.  The Dawson sights are GREAT.  The Glock sights are placeholders for real sights just to keep the dovetail clean :)