Sign in to follow this  
antimatter

NGD - Rock Island Rock FS 9mm

Here she is - 

IMG_0467%202_zpsecndncpx.jpg

Right off the bat let me say i really like this piece!  I have been wanting a 1911 in 9mm that wasn't going to break the bank and this is it. Ordered from Gallery of Guns and was smooth as always.   

The good:

very good build and feel.  No complaints here, slide to frame fit is very nice.  no rattles, and when charging it just feels solid. 

Trigger is great! i like it a lot. i do not have a gauge but it is advertised as 4-6, but i think its a little less. 

sights are nice to.  my first HG with a fiber front and wont be my last.  rear is fully adjustable.  after i picked up i did a quick 50 rounds and its just smooth.  I have to say that shooting this in 9 over my 45 is more enjoyable, not that i dont love me some 45 - its just a different animal.  Grips are a VZ G10 type and are pretty abrasive, will have to get used to those.  I ordered a pearce finger insert (i have big hangs and like the added with along with the groves).  All in all i am very impressed.  I think i may need to ajust the rear sight a bit but overall a great shooter!

The Bad:

came with one 10 round mag. would have liked 2 at least.  

Its crazy packed with grease - seriously wear some gloves!

the finish, some dont like the parkerized finish.  for me its ok.  i know it wont win any beauty contests, but still a good looking gun. 

very minor quibbles on my part,  not much to complain here esspecially for under 700 dollars. 

i had purchased this with the intent for be a new USPSA and or steel gun, so i am not worried about dings, dents and scratches. we'll see how the finish holds up after time.   Overall I really like this one and look forward to many matches!

cheers

AM