Howard

From the great state of "Chicago"

Some local crackpot legislator has decided to introduce a bill to stop the gun problem in Chicago.  Their brilliant idea is to require every single bullet to have a serial number on it.  They claim this will allow them to trace the bullets back to the stores that are selling to gang members.  There is so much wrong with this it is hard to even know where to start.  

This bill represents just about everything that is wrong with government in this country.  Assuming other laws are based on such flawed premises it is no wonder we are in such bad shape as a country.  How can they even consider passing such a flawed concept.  I guess they have not even thought about the concept of ammo bought outside of Chicago, or the idea that it will create more crime as people steal ammo.  Let's not even talk about the fact that the serial number would most likely no even be readable once the round is fired.

Wait....

BULLET or CASING?
CASING might make sense.... but a BULLET that hits into a concrete wall or pavement will likely not be able to be read. Someone should point that out to them. Besides, i see a far greater issue with the ease of purchasing ammo online and having it shipped with no ID or anything; even in the PRNJ.. To be honest, i like the fact that many sites require an FID.. it sucks, but i have an issue with gang bangers being able to order cases of ammo using fake info and a stolen credit card. Granted, theyd otherwise just steal it, but that'd give us a chance to choot em'.

Make sense to me. If they can file the serial numbers off the gun I'm sure they can do it with ammo. Oh wait I can just cross the state line and buy ammo with no serial numbers. Another brain [emoji100]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some local crackpot legislator has decided to introduce a bill to stop the gun problem in Chicago.  Their brilliant idea is to require every single bullet to have a serial number on it.  They claim this will allow them to trace the bullets back to the stores that are selling to gang members.  There is so much wrong with this it is hard to even know where to start.  

This bill represents just about everything that is wrong with government in this country.  Assuming other laws are based on such flawed premises it is no wonder we are in such bad shape as a country.  How can they even consider passing such a flawed concept.  I guess they have not even thought about the concept of ammo bought outside of Chicago, or the idea that it will create more crime as people steal ammo.  Let's not even talk about the fact that the serial number would most likely no even be readable once the round is fired.

It only makes sense that gang members actually BUY and PAY for their goods </sarcasm> . 

Better idea is to require these politicians have their IQ stamped on the forehead so we know who to kick in next round of elections. 

Chicago Police Chief recently claimed that about 1400 people going through revolving justice systems are responsible for majority of violent crimes. Howabout, just stamp their foreheads with serial numbers, hang bunch of them or fry them in the chair and rest of them will get the message real quick.  

• Like 1

Wait....

BULLET or CASING?

CASING might make sense.... but a BULLET that hits into a concrete wall or pavement will likely not be able to be read. Someone should point that out to them. Besides, i see a far greater issue with the ease of purchasing ammo online and having it shipped with no ID or anything; even in the PRNJ.. To be honest, i like the fact that many sites require an FID.. it sucks, but i have an issue with gang bangers being able to order cases of ammo using fake info and a stolen credit card. Granted, theyd otherwise just steal it, but that'd give us a chance to choot em'.

I seriously doubt gangbangers are ordering cases of ammo on the internet. They don't want to leave a trail. That includes a delivery address.

Wait....

BULLET or CASING?

Please, stay in NJ.  Do not leave the state and move south.  The highlighted part of your post is a prime example why NJ is like it is.  Please keep your "common sense" gun laws in NJ.

• Like 4

To be honest, i like the fact that many sites require an FID.. it sucks, but i have an issue with gang bangers being able to order cases of ammo using fake info and a stolen credit card.

Yep you definitely should not be moving out of NJ - Gang Bangers I'm sure are going onto SGAmmo, etc and ordering by the case "wholesale" - heck, they may even get a bulk discount if they order enough!

Many sites require an FID because our state is absolutely retarded - lot of gang bangers in the south and midwest I'm sure go to Walmart to get their ammo where they only need a driver license.

Please, stay in NJ.  Do not leave the state and move south.  The highlighted part of your post is a prime example why NJ is like it is.  Please keep your "common sense" gun laws in NJ.

^^Agreed - I don't need that type of thinking where I move lol

• Like 1

I've heard stories of guys going into Gun stores looking for 12 rounds of 9mm. Those are the kinds of people that you have to watch out for. They shoot the gun and then they ditch it or sell it and get another gun. They aren't stockpiling ammo, they are trying to avoid possessing a 'crime gun' that is traceable to more than one crime. If you never put more than 3-8 rounds through a gun before you sold it and bought another, why would you bother to stockpile ammo?

Like most gun laws, this is not intended to address the criminal element. They just want ammo harder to get and more expensive for their neighbors. If they thought they could ban all legal gun ownership, they would. And they just might if Hillary gets her hands on the supreme court.

Sorry if I'm getting off subject here, but I grew up in Chicago and moved to Jersey 20 yrs ago. When I left, Chicago was a city In Illinois. Did it succeed from Illinois and become the 51st state when I wasn't looking?

Sorry if I'm getting off subject here, but I grew up in Chicago and moved to Jersey 20 yrs ago. When I left, Chicago was a city In Illinois. Did it succeed from Illinois and become the 51st state when I wasn't looking?

it's no different from nys versus ny city. in ny state you can actually own a gun. it's ridiculous and limited, but you can own one. try to legally obtain one if you live in ny city and tell me what happens...