jrfly3006

Anyone running a 14.5 Middy?

This setup caught my eye for my current build. Considering a 14.5 mid BA Hanson with pinned lo pro GB and FF rail for the build. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this barrel length/gas setup and what the reliability is vs a carbine gas setup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My faxon pencil barrel, ti gas block and mid length gas system runs great. I just added a lw bcg, h2 buffer and spingco blue spring.... can't wait to see if that setup will run reliably

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Thanks guys..most of the reviews on the Ballistic Advantage Hansons have been positive..im concerned more if the setup will run weaker stuff like Wolf Gold and PMC .223 reliably...

I just ran like 500 rounds of wolf gold through my Spikes Middy.  Worked fine.  

Whats the consensus on the pencil or light weight barrels?..to hot too fast..accuracy loss when hot or not something i need to worry about?

With a 14.5" are you really going for sub-MOA accuracy?  That's why people get HBAR barrels for their 20" Precision rifles.  

Pencil/lightweight barrels are ok for regular use if you're concerned about weight - however if you're going to be doing mag dumps, it's gonna get hotter faster...

Ok so you guys sold me..have a BCM 14.5 middy lightweight with BCM lopro GB inbound..prob gonna get a SureFire procomp pinned by Steve at Monmouth to make 16"..and about 95% set on Midwest Industries G3 Lightweight Mlok FF tube..since going new barrel also gonna spring for a new Toolcraft BCG..opinions on above?