High Exposure

Possible IED Detonation in Chelsea section of NYC

From the "You Can't Make This Shit Up" files:

Terrorist Lives Matter - Asshole Terrorist fucker sued local police stating they treated him like a terrorist because he was Muslim.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3796768/Ahmad-Rahami-sued-local-police-New-Jersey-claiming-persecuted-Muslim.html

EXCLUSIVE: Wanted New York and New Jersey bomb suspect sued his local police claiming they PERSECUTED him for being a Muslim

- Ahmad Rahami filed federal lawsuit claiming cops in Elizabeth, New Jersey subjected his and his family to discrimination and 'selective enforcement'

- Rahimis claimed that police tried to shut down their chicken restaurant too early each night with 'baseless' tickets and summonses

- Ahmad, 28, his father Mohammad Sr, 53, and his brother Mohammad, brought the lawsuit together in 2011

- They said that local residents also racially abused them and said: 'Muslims don't belong here'

- The Rahamis claimed 'discrimination', 'false arrest' and 'abuse of process' that left them suffering distress, embarrassment and damage

- Ahmad was taken into custody on Monday morning after a shoot-out with police in Linden, New Jersey, where a local spotted him sleeping rough

- Ahmad had previous arrests for obstruction of justice and resisting arrest

The prime suspect in the New York and New Jersey bombings sued his local police force and claimed they were persecuting him for being a Muslim.

Ahmad Rahami said in a lawsuit that cops in Elizabeth, New Jersey subjected his and his family to discrimination and 'selective enforcement' based on their religion.

The family claimed that police tried to shut down their chicken restaurant, called First American, too early each night with 'baseless' tickets and summonses.

Ahmad, 28, his father Mohammad Sr, 53, and his brother Mohammad, brought the lawsuit together and said that local residents also racially abused them and said: 'Muslims don't belong here'.

The lawsuit was filed in 2011 and reveals that Ahmad has a long history of grievances with city officials, their local police force and people who lived close to them.

Five years later Ahmad has been held over his alleged involvement in the New York and New Jersey bombings.

The lawsuit, filed in the federal court in Newark, says that the family are from Afghanistan and are all Muslims who have owned the chicken restaurant since 2002.

From April 2009 for two years they allege that they were unfairly targeted for staying open past 10pm despite being permitted to do so.

The lawsuit says that the police had a 'reckless disregard and deliberate indifference for plaintiff's constitutional rights of liberty, due process and equal protection'.

The Elizabeth police department allegedly 'embarked on a course to harass, humiliate, retaliate against and force their business to close at 10pm'.

The lawsuit claims that the officers told them there was 'too much crime around here' and that the area around the restaurant was 'known for criminal activity'.

The Rahamis alleged they were being subject to 'selective enforcement' that were 'solely based on an animus against plaintiff's religion, creed, race and national origin'.

The family claim that as a result of the police shutting them down at 10pm, despite other businesses being allowed to stay open at that time, they suffered economic hardship.

The court documents confirm that Ahmad was arrested for obstruction of justice, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, although they do not specify when or what the outcomes were.

During the ordeal the family claim that they suffered racist abuse at the hands of James McDermott, the owner of Dean Relay Press and Radio, a photo agency that is near to the Rahami's chicken restaurant.

He allegedly told them: 'You are Muslims...Muslims make too much trouble in this country.'

McDermott is alleged to have told them that 'Muslims should not have businesses here', 'Muslims are trouble' and 'Muslims don't belong here'. He rejects both claims.

The 11 count lawsuit names the City of Elizabeth, the Elizabeth Police Department, six Elizabeth police officers, chief of police Ronald Simon and police director James Cosgrove.

They say the harassment was 'baseless and without probable cause' and breached the family's Constitutional rights.

The Rahamis claimed that it also claim it was 'discrimination', 'false arrest' and 'abuse of process' that left them suffering distress, embarrassment and damage to their reputation.

Court records show that the complaint was dismissed with prejudice in 2012, meaning that it could not be brought again. City officials in Elizabeth say they won the case

McDermott told DailyMail.com that the claims against him were absolutely untrue.

'Mohammad Rahami was operating in violation of some local ordinances, he operated way beyond closing time and it became a hangout for kids,' he said.

'I made complaints about it and he took offense at that. The city took him to court for his violations and then he sued the city, the police officers that were involved and me as well. We won the case.

'He was supposed to close at 10pm, he was staying open illegally until four or five o'clock in the morning.

'He wouldn't let the kids in there drinking soda use the restroom and tell them to go around the corner so they would come around and use my driveway as a bathroom, that's what I took the biggest offense at.

'Other than the lawsuit, I kept away from them.'

He said that the backyard, which was shielded by a high fence, was quiet.

'There was a lot of people coming and going from there, I couldn't tell who was customers and who was family,' he said.

McDermott said that the claims that were made in the lawsuit that 'Muslims should not have businesses here', 'Muslims are trouble' and 'Muslims don't belong here' are completely untrue.

McDermott, who owns Dean Relay Press and Radio agency, said that after years as a news photographer, nothing surprises him anymore.

The family had lived above the fried chicken shop since it opened, in 2002. It is unclear when they arrived from Afghanistan and whether they ad arrived all at once or seperately.

The Rahami family is made up of Mohammad snr, 53, his wife, two adult sons Ahmad and Mohammad Qasim, 25, apparently known as Qasim, and two adult daughters, Aziza, and Zobyedh.

Zobyedh is a student at a nearby campus of Rutgers university, studying towards a B.S. in public health.

She is a writer on the university newspaper, the Daily Targum, and had previously worked as an assistant at the Asian American Cultural Center at the university, and had posted anti-Donald Trump material on social media.

Neighbors on the same block as First American Fried Chicken told DailyMail.com that the family largely isolated from the community.

One woman who lives in the street said: 'Mohammad [Ahmad] is a very nice man, always wearing white and he would pray in the back of the shop.

'I would wait at the counter for him to finish and he would come and take the orders.

She said that during a visit to the shop in the last few weeks, she had seen two new men behind the counter who she had never seen before and that Ahmad Rahami was cooking food in the back of the store.

A young teenage boy who often worked in the store served her.

She said the other men who were behind the counter spoke to Ahmad Rahami in a language the young boy didn't understand.

An immediate neighbor, who refused to be identified, said: 'The last time I saw him was on Friday, in a blue car. He parked in front of my house in the blue car.

'He always parks in front of my house. I saw him in the shop not long ago.

'I see him maybe two times a week in the shop, but I always see him in that blue car.'

Another neighbor said that the father was always in the shop working, and that the other brothers were not seen as frequently.

Of the father, the neighbor said: 'He was clearly very devoted to his religion. He was very quiet and seemed very nice. You would see him praying sometimes.'

Ahmad and the other men working in the shop had largely worn Western clothing - although Mohammad's wife wore the hijab -until recently, one local said.

'Up until recently they wore regular clothes like us and then they started dressing in their culture's clothes,' they said.

Others said that Ahmad had spoken of his love of cars, rather than showing any signs of radicalization.

Ryan McCann, a local who ate at the shop, told BBC Worldwide: 'He'd always talk about his cars.

'He loved Civics, he loved going fast, that's what he did, he'd talk about his cars.'

From the "You Can't Make This Shit Up" files:

Terrorist Lives Matter - Asshole Terrorist fucker sued local police stating they treated him like a terrorist because he was Muslim.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3796768/Ahmad-Rahami-sued-local-police-New-Jersey-claiming-persecuted-Muslim.html

Is this what one usually refers to as a "self-fulfilling prophecy"?

• Like 2

Well my coworkers baby's mama's father is the one of the officers who took the bullet in the chest and exchanged fire. He's apparently receiving a call from the president today

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Well my coworkers baby's mama's father is the one of the officers who took the bullet in the chest and exchanged fire. He's apparently receiving a call from the president today

Tell him not to pick up.

• Like 2

President of what?

I wouldn't take that call.

Politics aside I'd love to speak with a President, sitting or former.

Jimmy Carter is my #1, because he is the last of the Cold War. Bush doesn't count.

Edit: Hell, I'd hang out with Bill Clinton without cracking a Hillary or Monica joke. Given an opportunity I'd break chops over the 1994 ban though

Jimmy Carter is my #1, because he is the last of the Cold War. Bush doesn't count.

Edit: Hell, I'd hang out with Bill Clinton without cracking a Hillary or Monica joke. Given an opportunity I'd break chops over the 1994 ban though

Reagan doesn't count as Cold War?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linden PD wears Taser Axon 2 Bodycams - there is no cheating. And when the fight is over, it's over - regardless of what the bad guy deserves in the eyes of the responding officers.

I have said it many times here - the bad guy has the final vote on when the fight is over. Often times, that is said in regards to a legitimate bad guy that is a hard-MF and want to take it to the mattresses. We don't hear about it often, but the bad guys vote can also go this way - he can submit.

This guy was a pussy and gave up - he was a real tough guy planting bombs to hurt sheeple from his position of safety, but as soon as someone stood and wants to duke it out - he pussed out and surrendered. The cops did right and ended the fight.

Kudos to Linden PD.

• Like 4

I kinda wanna go over to the PD and give 'em a card or something to say thanks....

Press conf ID'd the officers who were injured:

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2016/09/ahmad_khan_rahami_press_conference.html

Officer Angel Padilla, a 14-year member of the force, was shot in the mid-section.

"Thank God he had his (bulletproof) vest on," Armstead said. 

Another bullet went through the window of a police cruiser, and either the bullet or glass from the window grazed 12-year veteran officer Peter Hammer's head, officials have said.

Linden PD wears Taser Axon 2 Bodycams - there is no cheating. And when the fight is over, it's over - regardless of what the bad guy deserves in the eyes of the responding officers.

I have said it many times here - the bad guy has the final vote on when the fight is over. Often times, that is said in regards to a legitimate bad guy that is a hard-MF and want to take it to the mattresses. We don't hear about it often, but the bad guys vote can also go this way - he can submit.

This guy was a pussy and gave up - he was a real tough guy planting bombs to hurt sheeple from his position of safety, but as soon as someone stood and wants to duke it out - he pussed out and surrendered. The cops did right and ended the fight.

Kudos to Linden PD.

Well said. We will have to pay for trial and incarnation  of the scumbag, but simple death in shootout would have been too easy on him. And his brothern would have claimed him a martyr .  

A few more well placed bullets and let him bleed out

Well said. We will have to pay for trial and incarnation  of the scumbag, but simple death in shootout would have been too easy on him. And his brothern would have claimed him a martyr .

There is a big downside to dispensing street justice to this guy. If that was done there would be zero chance of finding out what he knows, was he working alone, and a wealth of other information that might be extracted from him. Names, places, meetings, etc. Information that can catch other jihadists before something happens.

He would definitely get life just for the shootout in Linden. That's a gimme. He'd get the same for the bombing in New York. There's a bargaining chip we have when the US Attorney does all this in Federal court. NJ and NY have no death penalty. The Federal system does.

He's already shown he's not willing to fight to the death. He now needs to decide whether he's so committed to the cause and get the death penalty or talk and get life in prison.

Spending a few million dollars to prevent many more deaths and injuries. That's worth it in my book.

• Like 1

Reagan was the star wars missile defense guy, he was at the height.  The cessation was during GW.  I went to small private event with Clinton in attendance and .... whatever.  

Reagan was the star wars missile defense guy, he was at the height. The cessation was during GW. I went to small private event with Clinton in attendance and .... whatever.

Ronnie is unfortunately deceased. How was Willie?

If I could talk to any president.. it would be JFK. It was strongly implied he would end the war in '64 if reelected and Johnson only went gung-ho to look strong with the public.

I flew Clinton from E34th Street Heliport to the Spectrum parking lot and back for a speech at Hofstra back in '05 or '06. When we landed in the parking lot, he sat in the back of the helicopter working on his speech and his aide asked me and my co-pilot if we wanted a picture with him. I told him I was good, thanks.

i had no interest in even flying him nevertheless having a picture taken with him.

• Like 1

I flew Clinton from E34th Street Heliport to the Spectrum parking lot and back for a speech at Hofstra back in '05 or '06. When we landed in the parking lot, he sat in the back of the helicopter working on his speech and his aide asked me and my co-pilot if we wanted a picture with him. I told him I was good, thanks.

i had no interest in even flying him nevertheless having a picture taken with him

Damn, you could have dumped him out the door and no one would be talking about this sickly harpy now.

Ronnie is unfortunately deceased. How was Willie?

If I could talk to any president.. it would be JFK. It was strongly implied he would end the war in '64 if reelected and Johnson only went gung-ho to look strong with the public.

Defensive of his record and I'll leave it at that.