RobCo

M1 Garand question

I'll submit to you that using a gas plug makes sense for ALL ammo, if your plinking.

The gas plug allows you to regulate just enough gas from each time round to cycle actions not hammer it.

This is why I would also say that the fal is one reason the FAL is superior to the m1a/14

:)

I agree with using an adjustable gas plug 100%.  I use the Schuster plug. It is very easy to use.

Check www.garandgear.com - lots of info - and they sell a nice ported gas plug, requires no adjustments.

lot's of commercially available Ammo for Garand, there is also the CMP a good source for milsurp Ammo.

I'll submit to you that using a gas plug makes sense for ALL ammo, if your plinking.

The gas plug allows you to regulate just enough gas from each time round to cycle actions not hammer it.

This is why I would also say that the fal is one reason the FAL is superior to the m1a/14

:)

Possible, but the only issue with the FAL is a new one a bit pricey, used ones on GunBroker are questionable when it comes to condition. Plus due to our wonderful laws here in NJ, it has to be Jerseyfied because the FAL is a "black scary gun" ;)