n4p226r

Best deal on a quad rail anywhere. SMOS

what does their rail do better than anyone elses? $220-$260 pricing (before the $75 discount) is coronary inducing.

That depends on what you are comparing it to. I've held plenty of quad rails that I've hated. This happens to be one I liked and it was on sale for $75 cheaper. I sometimes forget that this forum caters to a different type of AR builder/owner.

That depends on what you are comparing it to. I've held plenty of quad rails that I've hated. This happens to be one I liked and it was on sale for $75 cheaper. I sometimes forget that this forum caters to a different type of AR builder/owner.

What do you mean? There's plenty of budget builds and top quality builds. More money doesn't equal better quality. An alg emr is amazing and $150 or less on sale

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

It's also a tube rail with no picatinny on top which for someone looking for a quad rail would be a horrible suggestion. I started a post as a FYI for someone looking for a SMOS quad rail for $75 off. That's about 30% off of retail price. I thought this was a forum for discussion on good deals. Not how a quad rail stacks up to a tube rail or what looks like a $95 knock off of a Noveske NSR (which is another SMOS built product). I could start a thread for $500 off a Knights armament upper and there would be posts asking what it does that their stag arms doesn't do.

They way the handguard market is right now, I wouldn't pay more then $150 for any handguard that is not some way really different either in materials or construction. I think what you are seeing is lots of companies having to drop their prices to match the fact that the market is saturated.

They way the handguard market is right now, I wouldn't pay more then $150 for any handguard that is not some way really different either in materials or construction. I think what you are seeing is lots of companies having to drop their prices to match the fact that the market is saturated.

Agreed!!

It's also a tube rail with no picatinny on top which for someone looking for a quad rail would be a horrible suggestion. I started a post as a FYI for someone looking for a SMOS quad rail for $75 off. That's about 30% off of retail price. I thought this was a forum for discussion on good deals. Not how a quad rail stacks up to a tube rail or what looks like a $95 knock off of a Noveske NSR (which is another SMOS built product). I could start a thread for $500 off a Knights armament upper and there would be posts asking what it does that their stag arms doesn't do.

They have a full length picatinny version. V3 d3983aca69c7f83ca121187e0d574247.jpg

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Vlad is right..i just scored a Centurion CMR Mlok 13" for $150...it lists on Centurion for $230..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

. Those are nice but I've heard issues of the QD sockets not working right because they are so skinny your QD swivel will hit the barrel.

This is more true for the tube rails in mlok or keymod. Quad rails I tend to be a lot pickier with what I like. I prefer it to not feel like I'm holding razor blades and I prefer the ones like the DD RIS or the Noveske/SMOS quads that have the lower profile rail at 6 o'clock. I think if you ran a laser or IR, the rigidity of the rail would be worth looking into as well.

. Those are nice but I've heard issues of the QD sockets not working right because they are so skinny your QD swivel will hit the barrel.

I have 3 ALG EMR V2 and haven't had that issue.

Alternately, about eleventyfive companies make MLOK sling mounts.

For the money, I think the ALG rails are the best value out there right now.

I was speaking about the centurion. If using the QD was a selling point for you.

Taken from P&S Facebook page but I can't find the link

C949DFA9-D49A-4F7A-8681-0712EDB64CE7_zps

quick update..just dry fit my uppet together with the Centurion CMR MLok..no issue with any of the QD slots..all cleared on mine...will post picks when im finally done..very nice rail BTW..light..strong..easy as pie to install

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was speaking about the centurion. If using the QD was a selling point for you.

Taken from P&S Facebook page but I can't find the link

C949DFA9-D49A-4F7A-8681-0712EDB64CE7_zps

Do we all agree that the sling swivel stud touching the barrel defeats the purpose of a free floating rail?

Also ample clearance is necessary because there is some flex in the rail.

• Like 1

Personally I don't get the fashion of the ultra thin handguards. They induce limitations about mounting things and gas blocks and so on, and unless you have hands like HE I think you are even giving up some control.  Sure if you need them you need them, but I see people with ultra thin handguards and then running various covers over them which ... I guess it stimulates the economy or something.

• Like 1

Personally I don't get the fashion of the ultra thin handguards. They induce limitations about mounting things and gas blocks and so on, and unless you have hands like HE I think you are even giving up some control.  Sure if you need them you need them, but I see people with ultra thin handguards and then running various covers over them which ... I guess it stimulates the economy or something.

The only advantage I find on the long rails is sight mounting and increasing the sight radius of irons.

Look at this rail on my long range rifle.  DPMS floater and very ridged but heavy. (no rail)

And if someone doesn't tell me the front sight is on backwards, I'll be disappointed

post-1785-0-32516300-1475955202_thumb.jpg