Sign in to follow this  
KMA4626

pump shotgun laws

I'm new here and new to the state so please bear with me.

so i was reading the laws on wikipedia and i have a question since i know wikipedia isnt always the most reliable source. it says an assault weapon would be considered:

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:

• Folding or telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
  • Detachable magazine.

does this mean I could have a PUMP shotgun with an adjustable stock AND a pistol grip?

thanks in advance.

Wiki got it wrong, as you surmised, but you are GTG with anything on a pump gun.

haha figures. so i can in fact have a pistol grip and an adjustable stock? also what is the law for ammo capacity? i will be buying it here anyway so I'm sure it will be legal, but I'm just curious.

I'm new here and new to the state so please bear with me.

so i was reading the laws on wikipedia and i have a question since i know wikipedia isnt always the most reliable source. it says an assault weapon would be considered:

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:

• Folding or telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
  • Detachable magazine.

does this mean I could have a PUMP shotgun with an adjustable stock AND a pistol grip?

thanks in advance.

outlined the 2 major words in red.  Pump action shotguns are exactly that - pump action, not semi auto.  With pump shotguns anything goes up to the federal minimum barrel/overall length.

The only thing you can't have on a pump in NJ is magazine over 15 rds. That would take about a 40 inch barrel on a pump.

Not sure if that is true for a pump shotgun:

2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 2C - THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Section 2C:39-1 - Definitions.

y."Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm."

You can have more than 15 rounds in a pump shotgun just like you can have 20 round trench mags for a Mauser. As long as the same magazine doesn't work for a semi auto you are fine.

The liberals in NJ have done a terrific job at instilling so much fear in gun owners that they don't even have to pass anti-gun laws. Half the time NJ gun owners limit themselves.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not sure if that is true for a pump shotgun:

2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes

Title 2C - THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE

Section 2C:39-1 - Definitions.

http://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2013/title-2c/section-2c-39-1

y."Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm."

I stand corrected.