Sign in to follow this  
magnawing

Successful day at the gun show

Wife & I went had a "date day" at the local gun show today. She picked up a new taser and pepper spray and I picked up this little pocket pal...

81421e687686b5ce9e6e07adba17a758.jpg

Taurus 85 Ultra Lite in .38 special. Also picked up a box of Hornady hollow points to carry in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a small frame Taurus since 1988. Better triggers than a S&W J frame IMO. I carry one in 327 Mag often. Great guns.

interesting...the trigger pull on my model 85 Taurus isn't too bad, but has a distinct overtravel when shooting double action.  Any way to get rid of it?

interesting...the trigger pull on my model 85 Taurus isn't too bad, but has a distinct overtravel when shooting double action.  Any way to get rid of it?

Older S&W have the same problem. That's why S&W put a trigger stop on premium guns like Model 19s. The problem arose that those trigger stops would work their way loose and cause the trigger to malfunction. Not what you'd want to happen in a gunfight. A little overtravel is not a bad thing in a combat revolver. Federal agencies removed all the trigger stops from the 19s and 66s in service back in the 1970s.

I guess I've learned to deal with that over the years. I can't say there's much, if any, overtravel with S&Ws with MIM innards.

To answer your question I don't know of any way to fix your Taurus short of handfitting parts. If it's really that bad I'm sure Taurus will fix it free.

Older S&W have the same problem. That's why S&W put a trigger stop on premium guns like Model 19s. The problem arose that those trigger stops would work their way loose and cause the trigger to malfunction. Not what you'd want to happen in a gunfight. A little overtravel is not a bad thing in a combat revolver. Federal agencies removed all the trigger stops from the 19s and 66s in service back in the 1970s.

I guess I've learned to deal with that over the years. I can't say there's much, if any, overtravel with S&Ws with MIM innards.

To answer your question I don't know of any way to fix your Taurus short of handfitting parts. If it's really that bad I'm sure Taurus will fix it free.

Its not so much bad as I need to remind myself of it; otherwise that final bit of slack can cause me to pull a shot when shooting double action.