Blueskybob

Federal .22 LR at Dicks

In store only,  325 pack of Federal .22 LR  for $18.74  (a little less that 6 Cents a round)   Valid 10/12 to 10/22    ( no limit listed)

This is even better than on-line prices when you consider shipping versus sales tax.

PRODUCT FEATURES
  • Federal® rifle ammo
  • Recommended for use with target shooting, training, and practice
  • Great for 10/22 actions and other auto loading firearms
  • Rimfire ammunition
  • Made in the USA
  • Manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty
  • Federal
  • Caliber: .22LR
  • Bullet Weight: 40 GR
  • Bullet Type: SP
  • Rounds in Box: 325
  • Velocity: 1200 fps
  • Like 1

Mostly fail to fires. I was also using Winchester and CCI the same day without a hitch. It's the performance center version rifle so it could be it just doesn't like that ammo. I know there are several other brands that are not recommended by S&W.

Went through 150 this weekend, ran like crap in my Ruger MKII.

Several failure to eject, stove piped with the next round jamming under it.

One failure to fire, second time was the charm.

Still picking up a couple of boxes on way home tonight, its the one caliber I can't reload.

Went through 150 this weekend, ran like crap in my Ruger MKII.

Several failure to eject, stove piped with the next round jamming under it.

One failure to fire, second time was the charm.

Still picking up a couple of boxes on way home tonight, its the one caliber I can't reload.

Time for a good cleaning. I have found when MKII's start acting up, it's time for a good cleaning.  Make sure the extractor area in the bolt is clean and lubed, and the slot in the barrel for the extractor is cleaned.  This is a blow back gun and 22LR is dirty no matter whose it is. It might not look that dirty but it is. Has worked every time for me and mine is over 20 years old.  Magazines need TLC as well.

I wonder if they will even sell it to me like they did last time, claiming "you can't buy pistol ammo because you're under 21"

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last time, they wanted to see my FID

I wonder if they will even sell it to me like they did last time, claiming "you can't buy pistol ammo because you're under 21"

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Try Dicks in Palisades mall, bring someone 21 just in case, no FID needed.  Never been asked for any ID there.

Amazing. I drive my wife nuts stopping into sports shops we pass while driving through other states. Been by that one 100 times. Never thought of dropping in.

Not worth the savings for me to go down just for that. Maybe we'll eat in Dover this Friday. Dicks is on the way.

PS Just checked. Sale only good until 10/22.

Time for a good cleaning. I have found when MKII's start acting up, it's time for a good cleaning.  Make sure the extractor area in the bolt is clean and lubed, and the slot in the barrel for the extractor is cleaned.  This is a blow back gun and 22LR is dirty no matter whose it is. It might not look that dirty but it is. Has worked every time for me and mine is over 20 years old.  Magazines need TLC as well.

I'd agree if I didn't break it down, clean and lube after ever use.  Just started using the Federals, prior I went through a few boxes of Remington Golden bullets dozens of American Eagle 40 packs  and didn't have such issues.  Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on the last cleaning.  Going to try some Remington Thunderbolt and Federal to compare next range trip. I've had this Ruger for at least 25 years and never had ejection issues.  Only problem was with some Mec-Gar mags, they constantly had failure to feed problems.  Used them a few times, now they just take up shelf space.  The 4 factory mags I brought have always worked well.

Still picked up 3 boxes on the way home at Dicks in Paramus, shelf was bare, but there was a couple of cases in back.

I'd agree if I didn't break it down, clean and lube after ever use.  Just started using the Federals, prior I went through a few boxes of Remington Golden bullets dozens of American Eagle 40 packs  and didn't have such issues.  Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on the last cleaning.  Going to try some Remington Thunderbolt and Federal to compare next range trip. I've had this Ruger for at least 25 years and never had ejection issues.  Only problem was with some Mec-Gar mags, they constantly had failure to feed problems.  Used them a few times, now they just take up shelf space.  The 4 factory mags I brought have always worked well.

Still picked up 3 boxes on the way home at Dicks in Paramus, shelf was bare, but there was a couple of cases in back.

Last time you changed extractor?  Maybe it's time.  Same for the ejector, but that takes a bunch more work drilling out the rivet and replacing the ejector.

I haven't had any problems with this ammo in my 10/22. Not since I put in the Volquartsen bolt tune up kit. My 10/22 loves this ammo. In addition, I make sure the magazine is seated well because I have had problems occasionally when the magazine wasn't seated properly.

I also haven't any any issues with my S&W 622 running this ammo. I just make sure I keep the ramp polished and clean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk