KMA4626

best place to buy pistol ammo online?

im looking for the best place to buy pistol ammo online while living in nj. ive heard that some websites hassle you for being in nj and make us jump through hoops. so i suppose in terms of price, hassle free, customer service etc. the reason is that im thinking about whether or not I should get a 10mm or a 45 acp pistol and the only 2 places around me that sell 10mm ammo has like 1 or 2 brands and theyre ridiculously expensive. so the deciding factor will be on whether or not I can get it cheaper online from a good site.

Sgammo.com is one.  TargetSportsusa.com is another.  Sure others will post more.

I was wary about using Target Sports USA in the past because of the negative reports online.  However, I recently ordered from them because they were the cheapest option for 124gr 9mm bulk ammo and chose to pick up the ammo now that I have moved back to CT.  They're a relatively small operation and I can attribute their slow shipping times to this.  I will definitely order from them going forward.

I've used SGAmmo & Palmetto state and like both of those, never an issue.

Also, you can get some good deals from Cabelas if you catch the right sales and promotions but you have to be opportunistic and grab them when the deal is right.

-Jim

Same as the others above, with these comments:

Target Sports USA - Frequently the lowest total price for new ammo by the case, when they do ship it gets to NJ overnight via Fedex, and they pack cases inside other boxes so they're clean when they arrive.

SG Ammo - competitive prices, low shipping, some oddball stuff from time to time, and frequent email updates.

To those two I would add Freedom Munitions if cost is imperative and you don't mind reloads. Their reloads can be significantly cheaper, they have free or low shipping events periodically, and we've never had an issue with their product. (A lot of it.)

Having said all that, if I'm ordering anything from a case on up I always check Ammo Seek to double check myself. Sometimes I'm surprised.

I'll add for the range I'll 2nd Freedom Munitions remans. I've never had a problem and no sense spending $$$$$ on punching paper:

https://www.freedommunitions.com/ 

I would also check search engines like:

http://www.gunbot.net/

http://ammoseek.com/

And check deals listed on Slickguns:

https://www.slickguns.com/

• Like 1

I do gunbot and ammo seek, but always seem to end up ordering from sgammo and targetsports. Cabela has some pretty good deals from time to time too. Was looking at freedommunitions but they wanted copy of FPID, if it's not required by others why do they need it? I'll spend a few bucks extra and give my meager business to the others.

SGAMMO gets most of my business. As others have said, no need to upload DL or FID, and fast shipping. My only beef with them is that they're out of stock a lot of the ammo I use so when they get it back in stock, I stock up. And they'll notify you if you want for what you want when it's back in stock.

Also I tried defender outdoors and was really happy too with price and speed of shipping. Had to upload both DL and FID though.

Bulkammo.com - way more pricey than SGammo.but always seems to have everything in stock.

Palmetto requires FID for handgun ammo purchases. Must match the shipping address as well.

I sent an email to them and had a shipment sent to my office. FID matched the cc billing address(home) though.

Keep in mind, wherever you buy online from, that the farther they are from NJ the longer it will take to arrive. Ammo ships ground. Takes almost 2 weeks for an order from Freedom Munitions.

They refused to do that for me.  They said it HAS to match the FID address... ugh

Same here that's why I don't order from them. I normally send my packages to my office mailroom which is open 24 hours to accept/sign packages. Much better than dropping ammo on my porch IMHO.

I usually use SG, AIM or TargerSports, though recently Cabela's had PNW match 308 for half price and free shipping.  Couldn't say no.  The UPS guys has been getting a workout delivering 30 and 40 pound packages to my house almost weekly for the last couple months.

By crazy you mean mediocre?

A premium bcg with 120rds for $100 is good. I've seen 1000rds and 10 pmags for $300 as well as some others in that range. I'd call those VERY GOOD deals.

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

A premium bcg with 120rds for $100 is good. I've seen 1000rds and 10 pmags for $300 as well as some others in that range. I'd call those VERY GOOD deals.

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Yeah but of course those are 30 round pmags...  Those are good deals but of course we can't have 'em.

Usually when it's JUST ammo their deals are mostly meh.

90% of my range ammo is Freedom Ammunition remanufactured and I have never had a problem.  As others have said it is usually cheaper compared to other American manufacturers and if you can bide your time wait for a periodic flat rate or free shipping promo. 

I have also bought from Target USA and SGammo with no problems.

-Kurt