Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

Atypical EOM Competition

This coming weekend (10/22 & 23) offers some unique competitive challenges, rather than the usual matches. Most club match schedules are predicated on falling on one of the four weekends in a normal month. For example, SCFGPA's IDPA match falls on the third Sunday of each month.

Normally, on the fourth weekend of the month I shoot an IDPA match at Lower Providence (club in PA near where the Oaks gun show is held). Also normally available on that weekend is USPSA at either Ontelaunee or Old Bridge. Those are all off the table this month and the offerings for this weekend are:

Lower Providence: Liberty Match at Valley Forge (IDPA) - This is a tier 3 match and registration is closed. However there is a waiting list.

Ontelaunee: This weekend is their "Hose Fest" weekend. Staged using USPSA rules, it promises 10 stages of between 40 and 60 rounds each stage - yes, you read that right, there will be a round count of 400 - 600. Bring lots of magazines.

Old Bridge: This weekend will be a carbine match, rather than the standard USPSA match.

Also, this is one of those oddball months that have five weekends. Most clubs use the fifth weekend to stage the atypical matches that we see above and otherwise stick to their regular schedule. I have no idea why this coming weekend seems to be the one chosen for these matches.

That being said, I have heard nothing about any matches, of any kind, being staged on this fifth weekend of the month. Anybody hear anything?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'm running a trip on Sunday October 30th to Lehigh Sporting Clays that includes breakfast, lunch, 100 clays w/ 32 presentations at 16 stations, golf cart rental, prize raffle and a free sweatshirt w/ lehigh logo!  We still have room (Lehigh is HUGE and FUN!), and you can register at:  http://www.cnjfo.com 

OBRPC is having a Knockdown Steel Match on Oct 30th .. Shotgun only! 

edit for shameless plug:  there is a nice Shotgun package offered here in the WTS section, if you buy this package and plan to shoot this match with it , i'll throw in 50 rounds of ammo!

http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/83535-wts-mossberg-500-package-asking-475/