Howard

Fall colors

What r ya shooting?  :)

A camera :)

These were taken with two different cameras.  One is a Nikon D300 with a 28-300 Nikon Lens, the other is a Nikon D800e with a 24-70 Nikon Lens.  The second shot is actually a stitched five shot panorama made up of five separate portrait oriented pictures.

Always a beautiful sight.  Nice Pics.  Not as spectacular as other years due to the drought.  We have a lot of ash that drops early, so looking like winter already.  Dread when the emerald ash borer gets here, tons of firewood.

I was going to say...is this a test?

My guess.

Most are shot F8 to F11, ISO100, 1/500, full frame, somewhat wide, like 35-50.

Nothing over F8, many at F5.6 or less.  Most at ISO 200 or even 400.  Nothing over 1/250th.  The D800e is full frame the D300 is DX (crop sensor).  But I will give you most were 24-50 mm :)

The settings you suggest are all excellent ones for good shots in good light, but that is not always possible.

Nothing over F8, many at F5.6 or less.  Most at ISO 200 or even 400.  Nothing over 1/250th.  The D800e is full frame the D300 is DX (crop sensor).  But I will give you most were 24-50 mm :)

The settings you suggest are all excellent ones for good shots in good light, but that is not always possible.

Well, I was just guessing anyway ;).   I know the photos that I take that seem to be the keepers all run at a variation of what I suggested above, but I shoot on a Crop(Canon 80D) and when I stop down off the min F-stop the clarity of my lenses improve.   Therefore if you're shooting a 2.8 and stop it down to 5.6 or something, the same thing probably happens.  I tend to take most of my landscape shots hand held and even with stabilization 1/250 appears to be about the limit to prevent motion blur, your mileage may vary.

Very nice shots however, thanks :)