Sign in to follow this  
Budasac

SIG P938

Hey guys,

I have a permit that expires in two days and was looking at a P938 Nightmare. It's a nice little gun but a little pricy for a pocket pistol. ($835 msrp)

I was wondering if any one has one or has experience with one. Curious to hear some opinions before dropping a bunch of cash.

I have the P938 Extreme, (all pretty much the same), and its a great gun. But don't pay msrp. They can be had cheaper than that.

Its my all time pocket pistol.

97aee9a9e9a0d81b041dd6b0031cdd62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the P938 Extreme, (all pretty much the same), and its a great gun. But don't pay msrp. They can be had cheaper than that.

Its my all time pocket pistol.

I located a Nightmare for $720 with one flush and one extended mag.
  • Like 1

Well, I'm glad you all like your 938s. I picked one up on my way home from work today. Hopefully I'll get to the range Sunday to run a box through it.

IMG_20161021_150618977.jpg

aab605b6e1ecaf30e33e330d7738b078.jpg

That's how those come...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a new p938 BRG with tritium night sights for $599 +tax and NICS. I hope to take it to the range this weekend!

I will report back!

That's a good price. I paid $680 for the one I just picked up.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have a question for all the P 938 owners out there. Do you have a really hard time removing the take down pin? I cannot just push it out with my finger once the notch is lined up. I need to use a punch and it is extremely hard to remove.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have a question for all the P 938 owners out there. Do you have a really hard time removing the take down pin? I cannot just push it out with my finger once the notch is lined up. I need to use a punch and it is extremely hard to remove.

Nope.... maybe needs some earl?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just checked my barely broken in 938 (less than 50 rounds) and was able to push the take down with my finger very easily. I expected some resistance after your post but it moved really easily! Like effortlessly, I was surprised! 

Are you sure you are 100% lined up with the semi circle on the slide when pushing?

Since this thread is alive again. I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with this pistol!

I have been using 9mm NATO 124gn. I want to carry this gun but not until I figure out where

I am screwing up with it! It is snappy and I may be flinching. I just don't know.

I need more range time with it for sure but the weather has not been cooperating!

Since this thread it alive again. I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with this pistol!

I have been using 9mm NATO 124gn. I want to carry this gun but not until I figure out where

I am screwing up with it! It is snappy and I may be flinching. I just don't know.

I need more range time with it for sure but the weather has not been cooperating!

Try a pinky extention (Pearce, etc) if they offer them and/or a slip over grip, or try wrapping the grips with some tape.

Since this thread is alive again. I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with this pistol!

Do you have a lazerlyte? I could loan you mine.

I have found that you have to grip it pretty firm. The extended magazine helps too. I usually only shoot it from 5-10 yards and shooting slow have no problem hitting bulls. I can fire off a quick three and hit close to the center of a silhouette every time but it took a bit of practice to do that consistently. I can hit a silhouette at 25 yards but this is not what the 938 is designed for.