Sign in to follow this  
CageFighter

M82A1 or M107A1

with all this BS going down & some gun prices going up, I'm considering buying a Barrett 50cal.  Probably considering the sale of one or two of my guns (plus cash) and fund this next purchase.  

to those who shot one, is it worth dumping the extra $$$ for the 107 over the 82?  I am considering the 20" version.  I know its not a tack driver, but I can use it to destroy shit, just in case. 

any thoughts? 

Just make sure you get the one that doesnt explode. 

From the comments' section:

"NEVER buy ANYTHING which was made by Hesse or Vulcan or Blackthorne. They will blow up in your face. Ignore the ignorant posters who swear by their beloved Vulcan or Hesse or Blackthorne, they got one of the five individual Gus which didn't explode within 10 rounds, so they think the brand is therefore reliable. That gun was a Vulcan, and it blew the bolt into the guys face/neck. It was WAY ugly."

I linked it offsite due to the language:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKcHZWCK9fE

with all this BS going down & some gun prices going up, I'm considering buying a Barrett 50cal.  Probably considering the sale of one or two of my guns (plus cash) and fund this next purchase.  

to those who shot one, is it worth dumping the extra $$$ for the 107 over the 82?  I am considering the 20" version.  I know its not a tack driver, but I can use it to destroy shit, just in case. 

any thoughts? 

Ask Blake.  Send him a PM, he can tell you just about anything you want to know.

I've owned both the 82 and 107. In my opinion the 107 is worth the extra coin. 5lb lighter and has an improved recoil system. Fit and finish is also better. The rifle is surprisingly comfortable to shoot, I put 70rd through it last range trip and my shoulder was good the next day.

At one point I had an 82a1 and 2 m107a1s but I am down to just the one m107a1 now. I probably should have hung on to the others lol.

If you want to shoot it let me know. CJ goes to 340yd which doesn't really stretch it out but will give you an idea what it can do.

Also, the BORS system is the tits, but the mk4 that comes on most of the rifles leaves a lot to be desired. Spring for the s&b pm2 BORS system if you are ordering from the factory.

Howell Gun Works is where I bought mine. They are a Barrett dealer and Tom is an avid Barrett enthusiast and owns one himself.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

By CJ do you mean Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol? If so, I thought they wouldn't allow .50's? Would be awesome if things changed, I have a Serbu & the only place in all of Jersey I thought I could shoot it was Range 14. Thanks.

It only goes to 100 but I think if its legal in NJ you can shoot it at Old Bridge.

By CJ do you mean Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol? If so, I thought they wouldn't allow .50's? Would be awesome if things changed, I have a Serbu & the only place in all of Jersey I thought I could shoot it was Range 14. Thanks.

I believe you're right, can't shoot the 50 without a permit from the board of directors after an interview.

I believe you're right, can't shoot the 50 without a permit from the board of directors after an interview.

You do need a special purpose badge (which I have). All that entails is going to a board meeting, agreeing that you will only shoot prone, be mindful of other shooters, and stop shooting if anyone complains. If you agree to that you get your badge and away you go.

I have had several members come up to me and tell me I can't shoot that there but once I show them the badge and remind them the bylaws were amended I never had an issue past that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1