panteramatt

whatcha all cooking for football?

Well the Giants were on early this morning and its shitty outside so I figured what a day to just cook and drink all day. SO, for breakfast I made wings for the GIANTS game. Now for lunch I made a lasagna. For dinner a pork roast and for tonight taco dip. And Ill be drinking mai tais and captains all day. Yea Ima gain some WEIGHT today!!! Anyone hungry swing on by

A Giants win, an Iggles win, and a Cards win will make for a great Sunday.

I had eggs and bacon watching the London game at 6:30. Lobster bisque and sour dough bread for the Iggles, then nap. Pizza for the Cards.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

For breakfast classic Giant pancakes, Giant eggs and Giant bacon. No need for lunch and crockpot of Giant chili going for dinner. Nice not having to mope around all day after a Gmen loss :)

AMEN brother AMEN!!! Only thing that could make this sunday any better is a eagles and skins loss and 3 fantasy football wins

there are no words... was like the Gods came upon us when it was opened AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

IMG_20161023_135952_zps7ptpgsfl.jpg

Electric smoker? What did you put in the chicken.

I had an enormous breakfast of 6 egg whites, chicken breast and mozzarella cheese. I had some rye toast and turkey bacon, it's what I had.

Smoked some baby back ribs with my proprietary rub and a pork shoulder for Carolina barbecue.

Electric smoker? What did you put in the chicken.

Yes and yes. 3 bags of wings.

NOIIIIICE!!! I have the same exact smoker. Why ya working on a sunday? Isnt that illegal or something?

LOL...engineer for T-Mobile...we don't close lol.

I guess as you get older football just doesn't do it anymore. I rarely watch a game anymore.  Oh well.  Yesterday was 2 10lb pork butts smoked with a  hickory wood fire.  Whipped up the secret sauce and viola, pulled pork - Carolina Style.  They're back in the smoker today to heat up and bring out the "love".  Finishing up the coleslaw now, cornbread in the Dutch Oven is next.  Got to go get some Portuguese Rolls, somebody always wants a roll.  Blasphemy it tell you.

Just got back from coaching my son's pop warner team, we lost a tough playoff game.  You know it is a great season when the kids and the coaches are crying when the season is over.

That being said, got a big pot of home made chili on the stove, may have some sliders with it!

Just got back from coaching my son's pop warner team, we lost a tough playoff game. You know it is a great season when the kids and the coaches are crying when the season is over.

That being said, got a big pot of home made chili on the stove, may have some sliders with it!

There's no crying in football.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Though no one would ask....

This is 2 racks of ribs and a 71/2 pound Boston butt (pulled).

Smoked with half a cherry tree (exaggeration).

Served with sweet sweet potato fries, Cole slaw and iron skillet corn bread.

First weekend in a long time that I had nothing on the schedule but chill and watch football.

Had to call the kids to come eat it or take it home with them....

post-6977-0-84505100-1477269167_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

First weekend in a long time that I had nothing on the schedule but chill and watch football.

Could've called me.

• Like 1

That looks delicious!  I need to do some smoking next weekend!

I am loving all the love shown in this thread for proper BBQ.   Who knew us NJsians had so much smoke running through our veins?...It makes me a little misty-eyed knowing that so many folks share my passion for butts, ribs, and hardwood logs.     That being said, I smoked a pasta dish yesterday, Par-grilled marinated garlic chicken thighs (de-boned) & broccoli alfredo.  

Par-cooked farfale pasta, homemade Alfredo, shit-tons of garlic and broccoli layered in a 4" deep pan, topped with grated Parmesan cheese, smoked with oak @ 325° for 1/2 hour covered, then uncovered for 1/2 hour,  then finished with a dusting of freshly grated sharp provolone to serve.

yeah...(own horn tooting)...it was banging.  

• Like 1

It's really good. One of the best pumpkin beer I've had - pumpkin and spice flavors but still tastes like beer.

I like Blue Moon. Many of them taste like pumpkin pie now, very strange.

What was the time and temperature?  Thanks, Rob

bout 3hrs @250° then 30min @275° 

Marinated the night before with my dry rub, olive oil, honey concoction...sprayed with an apple juice and honey mixture every 40min...finished off with whatever one of my BBQ sauces when done...we were a happy crew on sunday lol.

bout 3hrs @250° then 30min @275° 

Marinated the night before with my dry rub, olive oil, honey concoction...sprayed with an apple juice and honey mixture every 40min...finished off with whatever one of my BBQ sauces when done...we were a happy crew on sunday lol.

Wow sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

Not for football, but I smoked 10 lbs of chicken yesterday.

Brined overnight, drumsticks then spent two hours in a commercial jerk rub, thighs spent the same amount of time in a homemade chicken rub.

All smoked for 4 hours in a Weber Smoky Mountain Cooker (charcoal), using a mix of apple and pecan wood for smoke.  Avg temp around 225, sprayed chicken with apple juice at the start and again at two hours when I opened the smoker to turn the pieces.

I finished by transferring the pieces to a hot grill for about 6 minutes, turning frequently to crisp the skin.

Served with homemade skillet cornbread.   The crowd went wild.

I tailgated today. I'm a Giants season ticket holder, and yes they did best those lame birds today although they tried to give them tons of chances. Oh, and thanks Doug Pedersen for not know football and going for it in 4 fourth downs and missing three. Those 6 points would've come in handy.

Anyway, I had a whole piece 11lb prime rib from my butcher, seasoned it, seared and slow cooked it to rare, rested it to just above rare. Took all that with peppers, onions, cheese (not cheese wiz) and made cheese steak sandwiches. I also made a baked brie, and brats for those who don't appreciate fine beef.