panteramatt

whatcha all cooking for football?

The team I saw play yesterday seemed to lack. 

Football coaches have more testosterone and fewer brain cells than even the players. I would fire that asshole after yesterday's debacle.

Reminds me of a game the Giants were playing against, I believe, the Vikings during Fassel's tenure. Early in the 2nd half the Giants were already up by an unusual number of points (I forget but like 5 or 8 or 12) and scored another TD. They decided to go for the 2-point conversion because some genius told Fassel it didn't matter. It failed. Giants scored another TD and tried the 2-pointer again because "now they had to." They failed. The genius commentators went along with it of course, brilliant strategists that they were. Meanwhile the demoralized Giants defense fell apart and they lost in the waning seconds of the game by...you guessed it...one f-ing point.

Guy at the Andover sport shop (highly recommended, BTW) where I went for my bird stamp on Saturday told me about his 14 year old son armed with one shell kicking up 4-5 pheasant. Kid tried aiming at all of them, didn't get one.

And finally from my late, not-so-great bridge partner George O'Malley, on investing: Bears make money, bulls make money, but pigs never make money.

Watched the Gnts game as well, if that game was 2 minutes longer they would have figured out a way to lose!

But- I did make a big batch of pulled pork, on Kaiser rolls with home made Cole slaw...and some mighty fine apple wood smoked pork chops.  Ended up leaving the chops in the brine one day longer than I wanted but they came out great anyway.  Smoked them low and slow for 6 hours!

• Like 1

Football coaches have more testosterone and fewer brain cells than even the players. I would fire that asshole after yesterday's debacle.

Reminds me of a game the Giants were playing against, I believe, the Vikings during Fassel's tenure. Early in the 2nd half the Giants were already up by an unusual number of points (I forget but like 5 or 8 or 12) and scored another TD. They decided to go for the 2-point conversion because some genius told Fassel it didn't matter. It failed. Giants scored another TD and tried the 2-pointer again because "now they had to." They failed. The genius commentators went along with it of course, brilliant strategists that they were. Meanwhile the demoralized Giants defense fell apart and they lost in the waning seconds of the game by...you guessed it...one f-ing point.

Guy at the Andover sport shop (highly recommended, BTW) where I went for my bird stamp on Saturday told me about his 14 year old son armed with one shell kicking up 4-5 pheasant. Kid tried aiming at all of them, didn't get one.

And finally from my late, not-so-great bridge partner George O'Malley, on investing: Bears make money, bulls make money, but pigs never make money.

I'm confused thoroughly. You made a reference to eagle balls. I commented I didn't see any. The only part I get is coaching. Pederson was terrible but McAdoo isn't much better.

I'm confused thoroughly. You made a reference to eagle balls. I commented I didn't see any. The only part I get is coaching. Pederson was terrible but McAdoo isn't much better.

Eagles played fine except for the new QB giving up the 2 INTs. The coach lost the game single-handedly because he was a pig, an idiot. Even though statistics favor going for it you have to make that decision 150 times for it to pay off.

That sort of thing really affects a team. These guys hate losing. Every player fault is magnified several-fold during a loss. Big $$$. Somebody gets cut or demoted for not making a block or because the Giants were awake -- not unusual. Coach's salary is guaranteed. Don't think the players don't realize this.

Next time he goes against conventional wisdom eyes will roll. That's something you do once or twice a season, when you have to, not twice in one game when you don't have to. 

All I can say is, partial revenge for DeShawn Jackson and Herm Edwards. Eagles suck monkey dick. I enjoyed the ending. 

I think its a game played outside by friends & relatives at Thanksgiving. I heard some Anti-American people had some big deal about it on TV, but since they don't wish to respect our flag and national anthem, I haven't watched it. Good luck to them with that though, I am sure lots of pajama boys and trigglypuffs will make up for my and my families lack of viewership.

WHAT IS THIS THING CALLED FOOTBALL?  .......I was at the range all weekend, lol!  Can't waste my time watchin' the Nat'l KNEELIN' League anyhow!

• Like 2

I'll bring mac n cheese, bbq beans, potato salad and beer.....what time are you putting them in the smoker?...more importantly when is dinner?

Sorry I didn't see this.  I was tailgating and Giants stadium.  Next batch at home I'll give you a heads up.  I made cast iron pan cornbread too,

• Like 1

Today is a mix of shredded chuck roast and pork shoulder.  Cooked in my smoker in a bath of condensed beef broth, homemade spicy BBQ sauce, french dressing, salt and pepper.   The pork was smoked with my own dry rub and washed in apple juice, brown sugar and BBQ sauce every 45-60 mins for the first few hours.  

This is one of my favorites with soft buns and home made slaw.  Packing it up now and headed to the stadium at 2:30. Go Giants.  

If the Eagles can do anything can they beat the damn skins today?

• Like 1

This is a new fan favorite at my house and what I'm making for every party. Precook some bacon, roll out a sheet of Pillsbury croissant dough, sprinkle with brown sugar/maple syrup/bacon. Bake until done.

IT'S AMAZING

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

• Like 1

This is a new fan favorite at my house and what I'm making for every party. Precook some bacon, roll out a sheet of Pillsbury croissant dough, sprinkle with brown sugar/maple syrup/bacon. Bake until done.

IT'S AMAZING

something like what my son likes to make-minus the dough lol. Thick sliced bacon topped with maple syrup and brown sugar and baked. I call it rich mans jerky.

something like what my son likes to make-minus the dough lol. Thick sliced bacon topped with maple syrup and brown sugar and baked. I call it rich mans jerky.

I like this one too.  It's really candied bacon and is quite delicious.  Sometimes I'll put a dash of chili powder in it for a bit of spiciness that doesn't last due to the overwhelming amount of sugar.

IT'S AMAZING

I like this one too.  It's really candied bacon and is quite delicious.  Sometimes I'll put a dash of chili powder in it for a bit of spiciness that doesn't last due to the overwhelming amount of sugar.

It's commonly called pig candy on the smoker sites. Nothing I make on the smoker disappears as fast as the pig candy. It's incredibly good

MMMMM pig candy!....

The only thing better than bacon.....is more bacon.    Bacon, Bourbon, Boobs, Beer, Battlestar Galactica...in that order.

MMMMM pig candy!....

The only thing better than bacon.....is more bacon.    Bacon, Bourbon, Boobs, Beer, Battlestar Galactica...in that order.

So Boobs are better than beer but bourbon is better than boobs?

So Boobs are better than beer but bourbon is better than boobs?

Indeed,  However....Bacon-wrapped-boobs are clearly superior to regular boobs and bacon.    A good bourbon is something to behold, I've never had a beer, even a fantastic beer, that can compare to a good bourbon.  I know apples to oranges and such but given the choice between beer and bourbon, Kentucky wins hands down.   The order of the above, excluding Battlestar Galactica, is based simply on the order of which I would "consume" those items above if presented to me (Christmas is coming soon....hint hint) at the same time.    :B:):

Indeed,  However....Bacon-wrapped-boobs are clearly superior to regular boobs and bacon.    A good bourbon is something to behold, I've never had a beer, even a fantastic beer, that can compare to a good bourbon.  I know apples to oranges and such but given the choice between beer and bourbon, Kentucky wins hands down.   The order of the above, excluding Battlestar Galactica, is based simply on the order of which I would "consume" those items above if presented to me (Christmas is coming soon....hint hint) at the same time.    :B:):

LOL....

I'm not a beer guy either.....

Indeed, However....Bacon-wrapped-boobs are clearly superior to regular boobs and bacon. A good bourbon is something to behold, I've never had a beer, even a fantastic beer, that can compare to a good bourbon. I know apples to oranges and such but given the choice between beer and bourbon, Kentucky wins hands down. The order of the above, excluding Battlestar Galactica, is based simply on the order of which I would "consume" those items above if presented to me (Christmas is coming soon....hint hint) at the same time. :B:):

Old school battlestar galactica I presume.

I'd like the " national football league " to police itself. Play ball, you're here for our entertainment. I don't care about your political views.

Take a knee, dead to me. Haven't watched since.

Million dollar player in a million dollar house educating me about oppression. ( cha right)

We usually do cheesesteaks in the parking lot. The south philly cheese steak company is one of our sponsors. One of the guys I tailgate with is a teacher at a culinary school in philly so the food is killer

6168f5d94fcb07fed284e6db6ca4dd92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for football, but I made a smoked meatloaf two days ago.  Three hours over mesquite and pecan, with baked potatoes on the smoker as well (they're great smoked).

The meatloaf was wrapped in a bacon weave.   It's too much trouble to post photos on this site, but it looked a lot like the one at this link:  http://www.savoryreviews.com/2013/01/23/bacon-wrapped-smoked-meatloaf/

On Christmas Eve, I made an entire smoker full of beef jerky.   Gift bags for everyone, with plenty left over for me.     Mmmmmmm.

Not for football, but I made a smoked meatloaf two days ago.  Three hours over mesquite and pecan, with baked potatoes on the smoker as well (they're great smoked).

The meatloaf was wrapped in a bacon weave.   It's too much trouble to post photos on this site, but it looked a lot like the one at this link:  http://www.savoryreviews.com/2013/01/23/bacon-wrapped-smoked-meatloaf/

On Christmas Eve, I made an entire smoker full of beef jerky.   Gift bags for everyone, with plenty left over for me.     Mmmmmmm.

Sounds AWESOME!

Similar to: http://blog.bbqaddicts.com/recipes/bacon-explosion/

and : http://amazingribs.com/recipes/hot_dogs_and_sausages/italian_sausage_bomb.html

love smoked potatoes too....nice!