siderman

Enjoy a movie and lively conversation w Loretta Wienburg

http://teaneck.dailyvoice.com/news/ncjw-sponsors-gun-violence-movie-at-teaneck-international-film-festival/686141/

And will only cost you $10 at the door to watch a film on gun violence sponsered by a bunch of Jewish women. I advise getting there early to avoid the long line.

Spoiler alert- watch the trailer for clues on the content.

Its almost funny when you read their mission statement, especially the last part about individual rights and freedoms.

I wonder if its part of Jewish value or in favor of women and children rights to take self-defense option out. I also wonder what this group has to say to Women victims of rape, beatings and death.  Women who, with simple means of firearm carry,  could have protected themselves from such despicable acts. 

------------

THE NATIONAL COUNCIL OF JEWISH WOMEN (NCJW) IS A GRASSROOTS ORGANIZATION OF VOLUNTEERS AND ADVOCATES WHO TURN PROGRESSIVE IDEALS INTO ACTION. INSPIRED BY JEWISH VALUES, NCJW STRIVES FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE BY IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR WOMEN, CHILDREN, AND FAMILIES AND BY SAFEGUARDING INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS.

These are not Jewish values. It your typical liberals buring their head in the sand. Here are people on the opposite side that have completely different views: http://njjewishnews.com/article/24949/gun-club-cites-torah-in-defense-of-firearms#.V8BnedQrLn4:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

the Jews should be the last ones preaching about gun confiscation!

You'd think.

Reckon they're advocating for disarming Israel, too, or just the US?

• Like 2

I wonder how long my comment on their Facebook page will stay there?

"This woman is a total disgrace and should be thrown out of office. She was caught on a hot mike stating "Confiscate, confiscate, confiscate." regarding the legally owned guns of honest citizens!!! She evidently hates the Constitution and hates to allow honest citizens to have the right to protect themselves. She is weak on criminals and mistakenly thinks disarming honest citizens makes people safer. I guess she will want to disarm Israel next. She is bad news!"

• Like 1

My response on their FB page:

So is the NCJW also for disarming Israel too? Or only law abiding Americans? Don't forget to vote on Nov 9th!

Did they remove it? I see Howard's comment, but not yours.

Hey, here's a crazy idea.  Everybody buy a ticket till it's sold out, then don;t show up.  They will be creaming in their jeans until showtime.

I think it would be better if 2A supporters bought tickets and got to voice their opinions during the Talkback. Part of the problems with these things is that while they're touted as discussions they're simply bias-confirming echo chambers.

I wonder how long my comment on their Facebook page will stay there?

"This woman is a total disgrace and should be thrown out of office. She was caught on a hot mike stating "Confiscate, confiscate, confiscate." regarding the legally owned guns of honest citizens!!! She evidently hates the Constitution and hates to allow honest citizens to have the right to protect themselves. She is weak on criminals and mistakenly thinks disarming honest citizens makes people safer. I guess she will want to disarm Israel next. She is bad news!"

Your comment survived at least the five-minute mark... spoke too soon—it's gone. 

I fixed it :)   By reposting---

Seems like my previous post accidently got deleted. I can't believe censorship is really what nice Jewish women are practicing.

Myself and two other forum members attended showing earlier this year in Princeton.

A lot of misinformation and information that has little to do with gun violence. There is a clear message some people / companies too much money and they are profiting due to gun violence.

I would be willing to go again if others will as well.

What does her being Jewish have to do with her ill-informed stance on gun control. Why did you enter that into the discussion? Would you like a list of Christian gun control advocates?

History. The Jews should no the evils of gun control better than any other people.

Im working till 2 on sunday, but its right by me

What does her being Jewish have to do with her ill-informed stance on gun control. Why did you enter that into the discussion? Would you like a list of Christian gun control advocates?

probably hinting about Jewish people being disarmed before the Holocaust so they could not fight back.

If you referencing me...the event is being hosted by The National Council of Jewish Women. Just  part of who, when and where. BTW of which I will not be attending. Stuck in a room watching a mockumentary with a bunch of very biased libs- no thanks. This is Wienburgs home turf and she is worshipped there. Been to several of her open community forums and been part of the discussion. Too much Koolaid been passed around for too long.

You won't make the most imperceptible scratch in this group, on this issue, if you drove into them armed with a razor-spiked, white-hot swastika-shaped poker. Old Jewish ladies in Teaneck...c'mon. Not even worth thinking about.