Sign in to follow this  
JackOTrades

Remington Woodsmaster 750 in .243

Newbie, first post.  Anyone have thoughts/input on the Remington 750, specifically in .243?  Googling results in a lot of negative comments including; unreliability and even barrels wearing out.  But do these comments apply to the 750 or more to the previous models?  I might be interested in purchasing one (cash or through trade) but wanted to pick some brains first.  Thanks.

I have a 7400 in .270 and never had any problem with reliability. Only issue is seating the mags (when they are full), It is hard to get them to lock in.

But, haven't even shot the rifle in 10 years, so my memories could be incorrect.

Otherwise, it's a great looking rifle.

Stock mag that came with the rifle. It went in fine if you would put a little effort into it.

But at 5am in the woods when your trying to be as silent as possible there were times when I wasn't sure if it was seated properly.

Did take down a few deer with it. Not sure of the 243, but the 270 is my favorite hunting round.

Age is making me head to .243 direction.  Joints have started to hurt, particularly the shoulders not to mention the eyesight isn't what it used to be.  .243 is supposed to be a good caliber anyway, as long as you aren't elephant hunting.  I guess nobody has a 750 in .243.  NJGF's marketplace doesn't have ANY items.