DirtyDigz

Zastava N-PAP - NJ legal stock options?

I took my new-to-me N-PAP out to GFH last week (thanks again Bhunted!) for my first range session with it.

Had fun shooting it, but every shot felt like I was getting tapped on the underside of my cheekbone with the ball side of a ball-peen hammer.

So AK gurus - what are my options for a NJ legal aftermarket stock for the N-PAP?

Should I just get one of the AR buffer tube adapters and then I can choose an AR stock?

I like the looks of the magpul Zhukov, but pinning it twice, once to keep it from folding and again to keep it from telescoping seems like a waste.

• Like 1

Yugo stocks have a higher stock comb and can lead to an uncomfortable cheek weld if you don't modify your position. Simply place your cheek slightly more forward and the problem will disappear.

Another option is to shave the comb down with a sander or cut it off with a band saw and resand.

Lastly, completely replacing the stock itself. The Yugo stocks have a different rear trunnion than most other akm's so you are limited to your options. Most go the skeleton stock route but whewww that Krebs adapter is expensive. There are other mounts available that don't cost Krebs money. The magpul Zhukov IMO is ugly and a few have broken under abuse. The mount to trunnion is apparently weak.

Good luck and post some pictures already!

Get yourself the

ACE "AKRBY"

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/ACE_AKRBY_YUGO_M70_M90_PAP_BLOCK_ADAPTER_p/ace-akrby.htm

AND

ACE pignose stock adapter

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/ACE_CAR_15_STOCK_Pignose_ADAPTER_SAIGA_AK47_p/css-pignose.htm

then you will be able to attach a buffer tube and any AR stock you want.

P.S. you can probably find them cheaper elsewhere, I just posted the links from the first site I found them on.