Sign in to follow this  
Ricky_Bobby

The Damn Election got me, I had to use my last permit....

Well I just couldn't resist - my 1911 is lonely in my safe as my only 45ACP while I have quite a few 9mm pistols - I loved the trigger of the P320 modular platform from Sig when I held in hand, and it also felt typical Sig, just nice.  This was a 9mm I held a few months back.  I knew about the modularity factor not able to interchange with the 45ACP models, but thought if anything, it would be cool to have a standard or Compact model, and buy an X-change kit from Sig so it could be converted to a Subcompact for carrying (in free states obviously)

Low and behold after a couple months of searching and everyone out of stock, I found 2 distributors that had a 9+1 Compact model available in 45ACP with the Siglite night sights, with free shipping and no CC fees.  Confirmed ok to do transfer with Steve @ Monmouth Arms and my pistol literally shipped from the distributor within an hour of my order!  Looking forward to getting it, its my first Sig and at least now my 1911 has a caliber brother so they can rest together LOL

If anyone wants the link to the other distributor I found in stock on this pistol let me know, I know the P320's are decently hard to come by as they are very popular.

Now I am promising myself NO MORE HANDGUNS purchased until I get my next GSSF coupon for a Blue Label, around end of May 2017....

• Like 1

good choice, but i'd like to understand the thread title. do you hoard permits somehow? election or not, they have a definitive shelf life, so if you have one you must use it within 6 months or it goes away. i myself have never had the luxury of sitting on a permit. i burn through them the second they're available for use...

Nope I was just trying to come up with a witty title -

My last pistol purchase (Glock 19 Gen4) was October 1 so my OGAM was up and yes it was burning a hole in my pocket LOL - I meant more in the sense that I only had one left in the most recent set I had issued, i.e. I don't have paperwork out for another couple pistol permits if I wanted to go buy something else I'd have to drop by the PD and start the process again - which I will do probably by March as I'll be getting another Glock next year with my GSSF discount -