Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

Scanners?

Gotta ask questions, find out what they are using in your local.

Gloucester and Camden Counties recently went from 500 MHz to 700 MHz trunked systems- LE in

Gloucester County is all encrypted - your not going to get it on any scanner.

Any County that has not moved from 500 MHz is probably looking to do so in the near future.

What I've heard (and outside of my knowledge to comment on) digital tv is forcing the emergency services

To more reliable frequencies.

Gloucester and Camden Counties recently went from 500 MHz to 700 MHz trunked systems- LE in

Any County that has not moved from 500 MHz is probably looking to do so in the near future.

What I've heard (and outside of my knowledge to comment on) digital tv is forcing the emergency services

So what gets the encryption?

Encryption is Encryption need to know basis. same reason Broadcastify is becoming less usable all the time. Towns and cities are going dark for A reason.

Cumberland county is moving to it in the process of bigger moves to come.

from what i can find....they are also full digital. a standard radioshack scanner's not gonna get them. project 21 or something like that i think they call it./

Correct me, my local is on 500 MHz, soon to go 700 MHz digital

Most Likely,  Most all PDs are going dark. Its only logical to allow them to do their jobs.  If there are PDs that are still analog they are out of the loop with just about any Tac Teams, and like here in town, They are better off with cell phones then our outdated comm system

Most Likely,  Most all PDs are going dark. Its only logical to allow them to do their jobs.  If there are PDs that are still analog they are out of the loop with just about any Tac Teams, and like here in town, They are better off with cell phones then our outdated comm system

That makes sense, considering the vehicle update cycle and having digital equipment installed, therein. When I was an EMT in NJ I did scanning as things were pretty much still analog. Although some areas in Mass. had gone digital by then. 

One question, though. Would digital scanners be effective, as much of the transmission being textual data transfers to the computer screens in the vehicles? Is there that much voice transception done in the digital world these days?

Most systems are being trunked, with all the shared services that are being used now. So digital scanners are becoming obsolete also.

They have scanners that support digital trunking. I have had one for 10 years to pick up BurlCo fire/ems. They weren't cheap though. Not sure if the price has come down.

I've used both the analog and digital trunk systems. The trunk system was much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk