Sign in to follow this  
YankeeSC

Belated introduction

A little bit of a belated intro as I joined the forum back in September ...

Hi NJGF!  New member and new firearms enthusiast here in Mercer county.  I have lived in Middlesex/Hunterdon/Somerset/Mercer and always had an interest in firearms, but as my wife wasn't too keen on them I just never pursued it. With everything going on in the political world over the last year it has opened our eyes and we decided that it was time to get involved, educated, and stand up for our rights, 2A and otherwise!  Now I even have her shooting with me.

Professionally I work in software development, but since I was a teen I had a strong interest in emergency services.  I have been active (including high level leadership roles) in the fire and ems community since 1983 in Hunterdon/Somerset/Mercer/Hudson counties, and this has given me a tremendous level of respect for those serving in law enforcement.

My initial interest in firearms was for home defense, but during my research over the summer I became aware of the action shooting sports, which has become my new hobby.

Thanks to you forum members for your support and generous help with all of my questions.  

Tom