PDM

Election and National Carry Reciprocity

My friend, obamacare is done, the Supreme Court will be new.

That's what makes the ruling on Obamacare all the better. The law gets repealed but the ruling stands. Federal government can no longer use federal highway funds or other such forms of blackmail to force states to comply with such things as drinking age and speed limit. Just because Obamacare gets repealed it doesn't affect that part of the ruling.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

First, the president has veto power.

2nd the house and the senate have the majority.

That majority being of the same party as the president elect. Things should happen.

Boy oh boy would it be nice to travel through MD without pulling over, locking everything up each time I visit my kids for college in VA....it's such a pain. Also, my main reason to carry is self defense, but I'd carry 3 firearms every time I'm in NJ just to piss them off!

I've never bothered with getting a CCW for another state.

Now I want to.

What's best to get first, Florida or Utah (or both, but you have to get one first to get the other)?

Utah is the easiest. GFH Charlie does everything in class. No range time needed. He takes care of the course, app, fingerprints, etc. FL pretty much same but requires range time. Check the GFH site for details,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I want to. 

What's best to get first, Florida or Utah (or both, but you have to get one first to get the other)?

It just depends on where you need to travel and carry.  There's really only a minor difference between the two in terms of which states are covered, mostly out west.

I have both, plus AZ.   In fact, I got all three at once.   There's a place is South Jersey (Salem County) that teaches this course.

Look at this course - Shooters On Target... Multi State Course. I took this, and got FL, AZ, and UT all in one day. And they do include live fire for FL, (BYOG & A).  

If you want to see what states are covered by which permit, look at this map in USACarry.com   - Concealed Carry Maps...

Good luck.

It just depends on where you need to travel and carry.  There's really only a minor difference between the two in terms of which states are covered, mostly out west.

I have both, plus AZ.   In fact, I got all three at once.   There's a place is South Jersey (Salem County) that teaches this course.

Look at this course - Shooters On Target... Multi State Course. I took this, and got FL, AZ, and UT all in one day. And they do include live fire for FL, (BYOG & A).  

If you want to see what states are covered by which permit, look at this map in USACarry.com   - Concealed Carry Maps...

Good luck.

Did Florida change? All I needed to do originally was give them a copy of my NJ hunter's education cert that I got to get a hunters license. I have since renewed my permit and only had to send new photo and prints.

Now I want to.

NH is the easiest, no classes, no fingerprints, no passport photo, no notary. Fill out the app, and send it in with $100. That's it.

Florida requires proof of live fire training, fingerprints, notarized application, and 2 passport photos. Plus $114.

Utah requires: prints, passport photos, and the special UTAH ccw class, that must be given by a Utah instructor. Usually about $200 for everything from GFH...

NH is the easiest, no classes, no fingerprints, no passport photo, no notary. Fill out the app, and send it in with $100. That's it.

Florida requires proof of live fire training, fingerprints, notarized application, and 2 passport photos. Plus $114.

Utah requires: prints, passport photos, and the special UTAH ccw class, that must be given by a Utah instructor. Usually about $200 for everything from GFH...

I have all 3 and DeerSlayer is 100% correct.

Florida allows NJ Hunting License as proof of training. You have to get local PD to do fingerprints for Florida which mine did for free and were very helpful. However it took a few officers to figure out how to do the ink prints since today everything is digital.

Utah they print you at the class and fill out application at the class just need to print passport photo at home or go to Walgreens and have it done. Get 4 photos for Utah and Florida.

NH is by far the easiest. I sent in copies of my NJ Driver's License, FID, Utah CCW License, and Florida CCW License. However I have read where some guys got it with just NJ Driver's License. No passport photo needed. Application asks for 3 references but I have yet to read where anyone had a reference contacted.

• Like 1

I have all 3 and DeerSlayer is 100% correct.

Florida allows NJ Hunting License as proof of training. You have to get local PD to do fingerprints for Florida which mine did for free and were very helpful. However it took a few officers to figure out how to do the ink prints since today everything is digital.

Utah they print you at the class and fill out application at the class just need to print passport photo at home or go to Walgreens and have it done. Get 4 photos for Utah and Florida.

NH is by far the easiest. I sent in copies of my NJ Driver's License, FID, Utah CCW License, and Florida CCW License. However I have read where some guys got it with just NJ Driver's License. No passport photo needed. Application asks for 3 references but I have yet to read where anyone had a reference contacted.

Florida also accepts proof of military service in lew of Hunter Ed, or NRA pistol training. I've heard they also accept USPSA or IDPA membership cards as well.

Good idea, but you might as well remove the Fat RINO Turd Christie from the list and add Bannon instead. Christie is as much a supporter of Second Amendment Rights as Hillary.

I said before. And I will say again. 'Its the voters stupid.'

As a T R U M P supporter from the very beginning (when some of your were into that Kasick guy). I hope this promise is kept and in the face of the sham liberal NJ legislature mind control agenda.

Don't get your hopes up.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  I have no doubt that the far radical left legislature has no qualms about violating people's constitutional rights no matter what laws are passed. The key is to get rid of the over spending, overbearing marxists at the state level. They have a strangle hold on us and will never let go as long as they have the power to maintain strict unconstitutional control. IMO it will take a complete and total decimation of their ranks to make any positive changes. I just can't figure out how to convince people that continuing to elect these same destructive politicians will only make matters worse. I guess nothing short of a complete meltdown of the state will do it. Even then I'm not so sure.

I don't know why there is so much negativity. We pulled a huge upset according to the "experts". Voting them out at the state level is tough, but could be done little by little. You take down the highest ranking members of the State Assembly and Senate that are in the most vulnerable districts and it will scare the rest. The whole recall idea failed. It needs to be done on election day. In order for it to work in this state the union workers need to stop voting Dem.

With that being said we now have the Constitution behind us with a President who believes in the Constitution. NJ can issue all the laws they want. Once the Supreme Court rules on the absolute right of the Second Amendment their laws will mean nothing.

I don't know why there is so much negativity. We pulled a huge upset according to the "experts". Voting them out at the state level is tough, but could be done little by little. You take down the highest ranking members of the State Assembly and Senate that are in the most vulnerable districts and it will scare the rest. The whole recall idea failed. It needs to be done on election day. In order for it to work in this state the union workers need to stop voting Dem.

With that being said we now have the Constitution behind us with a President who believes in the Constitution. NJ can issue all the laws they want. Once the Supreme Court rules on the absolute right of the Second Amendment their laws will mean nothing.

+1

after things are put in place.. they can make all the rules they want in NJ.. if the SC says we can carry with a UTAH license .. take it up with them

+1

after things are put in place.. they can make all the rules they want in NJ.. if the SC says we can carry with a UTAH license .. take it up with them

Exactly. I was also just thinking what if Congress passed a law and President Trump signed it that re-affirmed the meaning of the Second Amendment. It would be an interesting idea that would force the Supreme Court to then decide on the Second Amendment once and for all and fast track the case to the Court thus invalidating NJ Unconstitutional Laws.

The cause for general pessimistic view are:

1. There is very short window (until next House/Senate elections) where Republicans are certain of majority 

2. Will Republicans unify and pass something like National Carry immediately and without bickering 

3. Will Trump nominate real conservative who is very pro 2A ?

4. How fast couple of 2A cases can move up to SCOTUS (after a Pro 2A Judge(s) are appointed)

5. Will SCOTUS take up those cases

6. Will SCOTUS rule unequivocally in favor of 2A or will it take a fence-sitter position 

Sure, we are absolutely 1000 times better than what it would have been if Hillary won, but will the pendulum stay where it has been or will it move in positive direction for 2A. 

Tell that to the NJ legislature - Heller and McDonald don't really matter much around here.

Tell that to the NJ legislature - Heller and McDonald don't really matter much around here.

The problem is Heller and MacDonald only answered so much. Also Heller III in regards to the one gun per month wasn't a Supreme Court decision and was in a different Court of Appeals so NJ doesn't have to abide by the decision.

It's hard to be optimistic about the prospects for CCW permits in NJ, but if it's ever going to happen, it will be sometime in the next two years through federal intervention.  If that window goes by, I think we will be doomed here forever.  

two years?

Trump has said since day 1 it is on his 100 day to do list.

with the NRA giving him 36.3 M in funding... you better believe it will be alot quicker then 2 years.

Lets say 100 days equal 3 months. Lets double that, say 6 months.  I am throwing a free beer party for every member of this forum who cares to attend, IF we get a National Carry passed & effective in first 6 months, that lets us all carry in NJ. 

• Like 1

i expect it to be a lot quicker than 2 years. in fact i'll go on a limb and say we'll be carrying concealed with out of state permits in nj by next summer. by the end of the year the idiots in trenton will have no choice but to relent and "allow" their own residents to carry as well. there's just too much momentum. the only real issue i see is that while we're all focused on the supreme court, we also have to recognize there's a lot of work to be done at the federal level. obama appointed over 300 liberal judges over the past 8 years. that's going to take a long while to undo, and it's the step before anything gets to the supreme court. still, momentum is definitely on our side. 

Lets say 100 days equal 3 months. Lets double that, say 6 months.  I am throwing a free beer party for every member of this forum who cares to attend, IF we get a National Carry passed & effective in first 6 months, that lets us all carry in NJ. 

I said two years because Trump will be guaranteed a majority in both houses of Congress for at least that long (and with any luck, maybe a lot longer). So If they are going to act, I would expect them to do it within that window.  Of course, much sooner than that would be even better.  (I'm in my mid-60's and running out of time.)

And I will be happy to attend jackandjill's beer party.  Just LMK where and when.  What a great celebration that would be!

(I might even buy a round.)

• Like 1