High Exposure

NOT A RAFFLE - One NJGF Member in this thread will get Custom Modern Materiel Grip Work - NOT A RAFFLE

I am in the market to get some work done on my Glock 23, or maybe my Glock 35, or maybe both :p and I was talking to Joe from Modern Materiel about the work he did for my buddy on a Glock 40 MOS:

http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/83947-custom-glock-40-mos-done-up-right-by-modern-materiel/

Close up of the edging and stippling work:

9AFF5D4C-B6C7-415A-99E9-DFAE1787E06F_zps

47BD6BD7-0E93-439E-A7B0-F885DABBE1EF_zps

A517628D-CF73-4A8B-9FBF-A0F33946B1D8_zps

E3D83FF3-90B3-4648-87F5-B6CF151A726B_zps

B2CE3DC5-4B3A-4052-B841-2A1863660248_zps

We were talking about how much the stippling and what not cost and he said he charged $400 for the work shown on my buddies gun, which is really a very reasonable price for what he did - stipple with edging, removal of Glock finger bumps, undercut the trigger guard, contour and shape the grip, and add two forward reference points.

Now, I have been wanting to get some grip work done for a while and I was planning on using either Gentle Ben at Boresight Solutions or Doug Holloway at ATEi, but after shooting 2 of Joe's Modern Material Glocks - a G17 and a G23 and seeing my buddies G40 I was so impressed and excited that I decided I wanted to have MM do it. Their work was outstanding - easily equal to the guns I have shot by Ben and Doug if not nicer - and they are a local NJ company. I won't have to ship anything, saving me overnight shipping fees.

While we were BSing and working out details for my project, we started talking about the forum, running a gun business in NJ, and how it's hard to be a new company doing this work as it is a costly service - you really do get what you pay for in the firearms world and quality work rarely comes cheap.

He was telling me that as a business you need to get your work into the hands of the community that will use it to build your reputation. You need to prove to all of the potential users out there that you do good work and you stand behind it. That until you have the reputation of doing quality work at a fair price it is hard getting new customers. Talking with Joe you could tell, it's a labor of love and he isn't going to quit. He wants everyone to shoot his guns because his guns are awesome and he wants to share that with NJ shooters.

I was telling him that as a consumer, people have a hard time taking a chance and dropping a lot of cash on a relatively new and unknown entity - especially with the big names like Robar, Bowie, Boresight, and ATEi out there that have been doing fine work for a while now. You can go on any gun board on the internet and read posts about how good of a job these companies did on their pistols. How does a new company compete with that?

Well, for 30 of my teammates and I, we were lucky enough to be in a position to have Joe and Pete from Modern Material come to our range and demo their stuff - two complete carbines and a couple of tricked out custom Glocks. We were all impressed.

Most people in the market for this kind of work aren't so lucky. Not everyone gets a chance to get live fire hands on, to feel the grip angle and the stippling, to see the advantage of the undercut trigger guard, to actually shoot a gun with the mods you want before dropping a significant chunk of change on mods to their favorite blaster. Dropping ~$400 on mods you "think" you want plus whatever the gun costs - it isn't like you can return it to factory specs after this kind of work - without trying them out can be a tough pill to swallow for some.

As we were talking I had an idea - how about a raffle. Get Modern Materiel's work out into our little community here and in the hands of one of the forum members to show off what they can do. An easy and affordable way for one forum member to get their dirty little hands on one of Joe's MM custom polymer frames for 10% of the total cost. He liked the idea and we started fleshing it out.

$20 chances open to the first 20 NJGF members interested enough to drop $20 - A 1 in 20 chance to get a $400 custom grip job.

BLUF - I am not entering the raffle. I will not benefit from it at all. I do not work for Modern Materiel and I will have nothing to do with this other than brainstorming it up and announcing it here. I have seen and shot Joe's work and don't need convincing - I am sold. Like I said - this is to get one of Modern Materiel's custom polymer grip jobs into the hands of a NJGF member to show what they are all about and get the name of a local NJ based firearms business out there.

So on to the details:

- This is applicable to ANY Polymer framed gun - Glock, M&P, Kahr, Ruger, Walter, HK, etc...

- This is for a custom frame/grip modification package to a user supplied polymer frame pistol only. The work is valued at $400

- It is open to the first 20 NJGF members that wish to enter

- Interested members have to post their interest in this thread so screen names can be tracked.

- The cost is $20 per entry, multiple entries allowed

- Member must PayPal $20 per entry to: [email protected]

before midnight on Sunday 11/13/16

- A running list of who has paid will be kept in the thread

- When 20 the list reaches 20 paid entries Modern Material will select a winner and post it here

- If there aren't 20 entries by midnight on Sunday, refunds will be issued to each person

- The winner will need to contact Modern Material to arrange getting their polymer pistol frame to them for the work. They are a fully licensed FFL so you can ship it. I suggest dropping it off in person so you can meet the guys and see the shop - Definitely worth it. ;)

I hope enough guys are interested enough to take advantage of this! I'm excited to see these guns getting out there in our community!

Members entered in the raffle:

1) TDIguy

2) DirtyDigz

3) ataimwolswol

4) Fishnut

5) ataimwolswol

6) Checko

7) Shrödinger's cat

8) Kevin125

9) GunFuPanda

10) Rob0115

11) Ben

12) TDIguy

13) Rob0115

14) Kevin125

15) Deerslayer

16) Fishnut

17) Eric H.

18) ChrisJM981

19) ChrisJM981

20) Checko

Fri - Sunday are typically slower here than weekdays - I have faith.

talked to Joe and if we get 10 by tomorrow night he's OK with extending the deadline.

As for non-forum members, tell them to sign up! Come for the raffle, stay for the community, friendship, and discussion. Win-win-win!