r4nd0m

N.J. commission calls for tightening ammo sales laws

Didn't see this posted anywhere else so I figured I'd post it. If it is, mods feel free to take this down.

This state is out of control. What are they trying to accomplish? NEWSFLASH, criminals don't obey the laws. I wish I could get up and leave this state, unfortunately I am stuck.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/11/nj_ammo_sales_still_have_loopholes_commission_says.html#comments

I read couple of pages and see the usual theme. 

Original:

"Prior to this investigation, New Jersey had among the strongest gun control laws in the nation but no restrictions on the sale of most firearms ammunition. "

Translation: We passed bunch of gun control laws, but the crime continued. 

----------

Original:

"It seemed contradictory that access to guns was severely restricted yet effective limits on obtaining the bullets – the projectiles that make firearms deadly – were completely absent. "

Translation: We told everyone that a gun is deadly. But looks like its actually "projectiles". 

Question: Does it mean we can all now carry guns on the street without the "projectiles" ?

----------

Original:

"In response to the Commission’s findings and recommendations, legislation was enacted in 2008 which permitted the legal sale of ammunition only to only individuals with State-issued firearms credentials proving gun ownership or official paperwork demonstrating intent to purchase a firearm.1 Commission investigators recently tested that law, however, and found that while it does make it more difficult for anyone not a gun owner to legally obtain bullets, the measure does not nearly go far enough to ensure that ammunition sales are free from abuse. "

Translation: So we made even more laws restricting sale of ammunition, but for reasons beyond our comprehension, criminals are still roaming the streets. 

---------

Original:

"Gun violence is a persistent problem. ....Statewide, murder by gunfire increased by 12 percent in 2016, according to an analysis of New Jersey State Police data. Those statistics are far higher in areas where gangs and drug distribution activities are prevalent. "

Translation: There is a problem. We made laws. We made more laws. Still, doesnt seem to be working. So .... lets make more laws. 

ETA: A better way of putting it… related discussion: http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/83089-s2496-nj-senator-seeks-photos-on-firearm-ids/

The Senate bill is nothing though. Read A1738: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/A2000/1738_I1.PDF  They are proposing LOTS of changes to the current statutes, naturally including technology not in place, and of course with no discussion of how to pay for their new requirements: 

It is racist to require an ID to exercise a right, well that is what Democrats claim when they don't want ID for voting and the 2nd Amendment is a similar right.  Drain the swamp!!!!

• Like 1

What would a photo on a FPID actually do? If you currently can buy ammo, then hand it to someone without a FPID, nothing changes with a photo.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

• Like 1

It is racist to require an ID to exercise a right, well that is what Democrats claim when they don't want ID for voting and the 2nd Amendment is a similar right.  Drain the swamp!!!!

What he said!

We should use that as a mantra. Anyone (politician or not) that's for a photo FID should be labeled as a racist. 

Nothing will change until we figure out how to stop the stupid in this state. As long as people keep electing far left radicals we'll always be behind the 8 ball.

have to say even i'm losing hope of this ever happening. reasons: 1) i really thought nj had a better than fair shot of voting trump. didn't happen. 2) mayor of passaic (democrat of course) going to prison for bribery. ok, you say, shit happens. then you read that this is the 2nd consecutive dem mayor of passaic to go to prison, and the THIRD OUT OF THE LAST FOUR mayors of passaic (all dem) to go to prison. these ppl don't care about anything. it's democrat all the way, everything else be damned

They've been emboldened by what happened in CA on election night. The only thing that surprises me about this is that they aren't trying to add even greater restrictions on ammo sales.

that state is a bad example. it is radically left (alt left, heh) and every one of the passed laws are patently unconstitutional and unenforceable. you cannot put the bill of rights to a vote...

that state is a bad example. it is radically left (alt left, heh) and every one of the passed laws are patently unconstitutional and unenforceable. you cannot put the bill of rights to a vote...

Actually, you can, if the populace decides to do so. California has decided to Island themselves. Short of cutting them off from services with the rest of the Nation, what methods do you want to use to force their compliance? If the People of California choose to act outside the bounds of our Republic and its laws, how will you force them back in line? Should they be forced back in line? Or perhaps they should be cut off?

See that's the thing... if the wolves decide to eat the sheep, and the sheep either aren't armed or refuse to shoot/kill the occasional wolf to remind it that there's supposed to be an uneasy detente, then the wolves will just run roughshod over the sheep without care or concern.

4 Boxes: Soap box, Ballot box, Jury box, Cartridge box.

Actually, you can, if the populace decides to do so. California has decided to Island themselves. Short of cutting them off from services with the rest of the Nation, what methods do you want to use to force their compliance? If the People of California choose to act outside the bounds of our Republic and its laws, how will you force them back in line? Should they be forced back in line? Or perhaps they should be cut off?

See that's the thing... if the wolves decide to eat the sheep, and the sheep either aren't armed or refuse to shoot/kill the occasional wolf to remind it that there's supposed to be an uneasy detente, then the wolves will just run roughshod over the sheep without care or concern.

4 Boxes: Soap box, Ballot box, Jury box, Cartridge box.

BS. We are not a democracy, but a constitutional Republic. I forsee some illegal gun laws being ruled unconstitutional if Trump gets to replace a liberal judge.

Actually, you can, if the populace decides to do so. .

No. The populace has no say in changing or amending the Constitution and can take no vote to manipulate it. Constitutional changes require strict congressional approval and the support of the vast majority of states. I'll let you research the requirements but a vote by the stupid citizens of CA doesn't cut it.