silverado427

PSA BCG sale

$69 for their BCG is a great buy... but they do mini package deals just as good monthly as well. No need to wait till Black Friday each year.

I got 4 BCG's recently

In September I paid $99 for BCG and 120rds Federal .223 in mini ammo can. Free shipping.

($69 BCG and $30 ammo, (0.25 per round))

In October I paid $84 for BCG and Charging Handle, free shipping ( $69 for BCG and $15 for CH)

I bought one. I'm building a Black Friday Grendel. I bought a set of aero precision receivers from Brownells for 160 bucks and free shipping. ALG rail and LPK with QMS,, Geisele gas block, a tube buffer and spring on the cheap, I have a magpul stock. Just need a barrel.

They do have 264 LBC which is similar to Grendel II, doesn't have the compound angled throat, and they have them 30% off for in stock models.  It'll be about 200 bucks.  I am going to order one today when I can decide on which in stock model.  

264 can shoot factory Grendel so I can use my Grendel reloading dies and brass for it.  

Ummmm.....I'm blowing a gasket because they have both 25-223 and 6mm-223 barrels, ugh I want odd stuff so badly.  I'm not doing another grendel, have one, but a wildcat .223 but can't decide between the two.  Probably go 6mm because more bullet selection and cheaper dies.  

I don't have a reason before anyone asks "what purpose".  Pretty much because it's there, I have 15,000 pieces of .223 brass and it's 30 bucks for the dies.  I have tons of 6mm bullets for my 6mmAR (runs off grendel brass necked down).  

Sounds like you have your answer. 6MM it is. I would prefer the 6MM to the 25 also.  I'm a big fan of calibers with lots of choices in projectiles.

We think alike. I ordered the 6mm.  The dies were 30 bucks for RCBS on amazon and the 25 dies were 200 bucks special order--which all the 25-.223 shooters are complaining about.  The bullet choices and load data availability matters too.  Well, what started as a grendel is now a caliber that Ive never had.

We think alike. I ordered the 6mm.  The dies were 30 bucks for RCBS on amazon and the 25 dies were 200 bucks special order--which all the 25-.223 shooters are complaining about.  The bullet choices and load data availability matters too.  Well, what started as a grendel is now a caliber that Ive never had.

As time goes by and wildcat cartridges come and go, I like those that are based on an established base cases such as 223.  Plenty of cheap brass will always be available to form into the wildcats.  Everybody is dissing the 300BLK, but I actually enjoy it.  From 110 to 220 grains, and making cases from 223 rejects, esp split necks and crushed shoulders keeps costs way down, I have been shooting the cartridge for cheap from the beginning.  Who knows maybe there is a suppressor in my future.

• Like 1

As time goes by and wildcat cartridges come and go, I like those that are based on an established base cases such as 223.  Plenty of cheap brass will always be available to form into the wildcats.  Everybody is dissing the 300BLK, but I actually enjoy it.  From 110 to 220 grains, and making cases from 223 rejects, esp split necks and crushed shoulders keeps costs way down, I have been shooting the cartridge for cheap from the beginning.  Who knows maybe there is a suppressor in my future.

I love 300 and love it more that I have a suppressed SBR version of it. I'm a fan for all the reason you point out especially shooting it in the cheap.

• Like 1