maintenanceguy

Anybody ever do black Friday at Cabela's in Delaware?

I'm not a Black Friday shopper.  In fact, I'm not any kind of shopper.  But, Cabela's has a shotgun I've been interested in at a really nice discount on Black Friday.

If I can show up at 5:00am, walk to the gun counter and make my purchase - I'm there.   If I have to get there 2 days ahead, camp on the sidewalk, charge to the gun counter with 2,000 other people to find out they only had 2 of the advertised gun in stock and it's now gone - I'm out.

Anybody have real boots-on-the-ground experience with this?    Should I attempt it or just stay home?

Thanks in advance for any info.

• Like 1

Just the location of the store sucks.... middle of the mall sprawl...it's a PIA to get to on a regular weekend day, Black Friday I'm thinking you'll need to pack a lunch just for sitting in traffic to get to the store.....

But hey, let us know.....

I'm not a Black Friday shopper.  In fact, I'm not any kind of shopper.  But, Cabela's has a shotgun I've been interested in at a really nice discount on Black Friday.

If I can show up at 5:00am, walk to the gun counter and make my purchase - I'm there.   If I have to get there 2 days ahead, camp on the sidewalk, charge to the gun counter with 2,000 other people to find out they only had 2 of the advertised gun in stock and it's now gone - I'm out.

Anybody have real boots-on-the-ground experience with this?    Should I attempt it or just stay home?

Thanks in advance for any info.

If possible, order online/over the phone and pick up in-store a day or two later.

I was there yesterday afternoon and with four guys working the gun counter the wait was over 15 minutes to speak with someone. Checkout also took quite some time even though all the registers were open. I don't want to think about what that place looks like on Black Friday. Besides, there is every indication that come 2017 we'll see a lot of discounts on firearms anyway, courtesy of Trump's win.

If possible, order online/over the phone and pick up in-store a day or two later.

I was there yesterday afternoon and with four guys working the gun counter the wait was over 15 minutes to speak with someone. Checkout also took quite some time even though all the registers were open. I don't want to think about what that place looks like on Black Friday. Besides, there is every indication that come 2017 we'll see a lot of discounts on firearms anyway, courtesy of Trump's win.

And ammo......Just got an email from SGAmmo, seems the poor bastards bought lots of extra for the Hillary win that never happened.

Now they claim to be selling some below cost! And I believe them!  http://www.sgammo.com/black-friday-ammo-sale-2016

Ryan, I was there last week. Forget getting to the gun counter on Black Friday!  If you can get the same deal online and pickup

a day later, go for it!  Either way, let us know how you made out!