Purple Patrick

Who am I?

I lost my namesake today. After 5 years the miata is gone. Sold to someone who can love her more then I can. I feel empty. Just kidding I'm pretty happy actually. Soooo I guess I'll need to change my username and buy a new piece 186b04dba3b81a216878bee9cacca44b.jpgd8ce373ed3e93fe53f2f46fe77ed02be.jpg

It might be time for my first AK

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

• Like 2

I believe it's the world. It was a great car but I'm looking to move out and I can't have an extra vehicle anymore

You may be right.  What year is it?  What's it worth?

You may be right. What year is it? What's it worth?

It was a 94 m edition, I had a 93 base model before that(for 1 day, long story). It has a ton of work custom suspension, I/H/E, custom fenders for the wheel fitment and drop, bucket seats and a ton of little things. I spent to much on a cheap ass car but i don't regret it. It got hit and has sat for about a year. 188k on the odometer and dead reliable. I sold it to one of the best mechanics on the east coast who is going to complete strip it, paint it and fix it up. It's not dead and will soon see new life. I bought it for $2000 and probably spent $2000 and sold it not running and needing a good amount of work for $1000

I had it 5 years I'm happy with what I got for it

It was a 94 m edition, I had a 93 base model before that(for 1 day, long story). It has a ton of work custom suspension, I/H/E, custom fenders for the wheel fitment and drop, bucket seats and a ton of little things. I spent to much on a cheap ass car but i don't regret it. It got hit and has sat for about a year. 188k on the odometer and dead reliable. I sold it to one of the best mechanics on the east coast who is going to complete strip it, paint it and fix it up. It's not dead and will soon see new life. I bought it for $2000 and probably spent $2000 and sold it not running and needing a good amount of work for $1000

I had it 5 years I'm happy with what I got for it

That's a win.  

Whatever your name is going to change to - it has to have "purple" in it.

"ILovePurple"

My username on another forum is That Purple Guy. I'll probably change it to that

Rob - Could have fooled me. I thought it was the SCCA "Honda Civic"

My info could be dated but I've read more than one article about the Miata.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/features/amp25615/why-spec-miata-is-the-most-popular-race-series-in-america/

Definitely America, I had thought it was the world but I csnt find any current info on that. It's also the most sold roadster in the world

You should conduct business seminars at Gun for Hire.

Good amount of work is probably miss leading. It needs at minimum brakes, a battery and fluid change as well as some mandatory body work. I figured if I sold the wheels, carbon fiber trunk and flares and scrapped the car it'd be at least $1000 but that requires a lot more effort/time. 65hr work weeks until xmas are eatting up my free time

Siamese Twins, separated at birth? Because I was thinking similarly: The Poster Formerly Known as Ataimwolswol  --- if it was good enough for Prince....

That would require the appropriate symbol to accompany it…

tumblr_lch9v3Ua7a1qci043o1_500.png

(Yes, that's real. The Purple One's microphone from his 1997 tour.)

• Like 1

Good amount of work is probably miss leading. It needs at minimum brakes, a battery and fluid change as well as some mandatory body work. I figured if I sold the wheels, carbon fiber trunk and flares and scrapped the car it'd be at least $1000 but that requires a lot more effort/time. 65hr work weeks until xmas are eatting up my free time

Do you know the definition of HOBBY? It's buying something for $2000, spending $2000 more on it, plus two years on and off of tinkering, then selling it for $1000. I gave around $150,000 worth of my life to tournament chess and won less than $1200 in prizes lifetime. My largest prize ever didn't even cover my hotel expenses for the 4 day weekend. Errrr, and did I really need that stainless steel .357 magnum revolver, my third, which I recently purchased? Yikes we're a crazy species.