Sign in to follow this  
ECsandstar

Gander Mountain

Now im not one to typically bitch and moan about retail experiences, but ordering (2) articles of clothing from Gander Mountain this week has been more painful than i think i have ever experienced. I honestly think it was truly the worst retail ordering experience of my life(i order quite a bit online, be it motorcycle/atv/mx parts, vehicle parts, gun parts, ammo, tools, etc....) If any of you have ever done retail, its terrible. It blows hard. Especially during crazy holidays seasons, so i never expect people to be overly excited or helpful...but these people were complete morons, and rude. They have no idea what they have in stock in their inventory, dont know their suppliers inventory, and their overall ordering process was absolutely retarded.

I have no idea what the hiring process is like for this company, but i'd imagine it goes something like this; "Good afternoon insert name, we have just few simple questions for you today for our interview process. Do you have a pulse? Oh you do? Fantastic! (2) Can you form jumbled, non-coherent sentences that make little to no sense and might even confuse yourself in the process? You can?! Great news! You're HIRED! :facepalm:

LIke i said, unless something like this REALLY pissed me off...i wouldn't even bother making a post about it. But again, probably the WORST experience of my life. Took an hour of my time Monday to actually get these 2 articles of clothing ordered, and i have spent at least 20-30 minutes both yesterday and today trying to have my order rectified after being altered, cancelled, and Gander Mountain having charged my credit card $400, for $200 worth of product. Absolute NIGHTMARE.

And the last broad i talked to today asked me if i wanted to order a "safety whistle" for $2 after i hopefully got my order squared away. Hell no i dont want a god damn safety whistle for $2. That $2 will turn into $200....AGAIN! :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou::banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: 

And here I am with 1K rounds of .22LR promptly and painlessly delivered to my doorstep today from Gander Mountain.  I guess their web programmers are a higher echelon than their phone order takers...

Mine come tomorrow , I wonder if i'm getting a free whistle...:)

...Middletown staff are *ok*. Not super helpful but not rude either. Firearms Dept wants nothing to do with me because I'm from nj and won't even let me touch a gun (which pisses me off to no end), but they do let me buy ammo without any issues....

That's funny.  I have a....uh...friend, yeah, that's it, a friend, who early on in his firearms hobby was nowhere near as acquainted with NJ firearms law as he is now.

This friend heard that the Middletown NY Gander had a great selection of shotguns, so he went there to buy one.  He saw a really cool semi-auto 12ga with a pistol grip he liked and bought it from the surly salesman who grumbled about having to fill out a NJ COE, but did complete the background check and sale, boxed up the completely NJ-illegal pistol-gripped semi-auto shotgun and sent my friend on his way.

Same salesman refused to allow the purchase of any hollow point ammo, saying it was completely illegal to sell to NJ residents, btw.  Irony.

So my friend drooled and finger banged and play cycled 12ga snap caps through his new prize at home in NJ for several days, dreaming of taking the shotty to the range for the first time.

Out of mild curiosity, and concerned by something he read on NJGF about NJ firearms law regarding semi-auto shotguns, he did some research and finally worked his way through the convoluted path to arrive at the realization that the shotgun he was sold in NY by Gander was illegal to posses in NJ.

Luckily a non-pistol grip stock was immediately available for purchase and was swapped in.