70gto

glock 19/17 mos or not?

I was looking at a Glock 19 and a 17 MOS yesterday.  What do you guys think? Is it worth it? I don't shoot in competition, (not good enough probably) its basically a home defense / shtf / maybe even a ccw, do it all gun.  Yes, I practice and am decent with sight/ target acquisition. my question is, is on target acquisition that much faster or not?

First, cut the crap that you are not good enough for competition - most of us started being not good enough too.  Go out and have fun, sure you won't win your first time out, but it is great trigger time and you will have lots of fun.

Having said that why not first try a dot on one of your existing guns.  I wanted to try Carry Optics in USPSA but was not sure I wanted to spend the money on a PPQ Q5 Match that is set up sort of like a Glock MOS for optics as I already have a PPQ 5" M2 and I did not want to spend $1,000 on a gun and optics to just find I did not like it.  So what I did was buy a Dovetail mount and put an optic on a Glock G19 that I hardly used.  The mount cost me $25 bucks and it seems rock solid.  I was concerned it might not hold zero but I have put over 500 rounds through it and it is working perfectly.  Also I would suggest going with the G19 rather than a G17 or G34, no reason for the longer sight radius with an optic and the shorter gun will come out of the holster faster.  Here are some pics:

31007025430_5446cb46d8_c_d.jpg

31375585975_f18c952bb2_c_d.jpg

31006412690_34ee65583d_c_d.jpg

• Like 2

After being in several idpa and uspsa events, I really wanted an open-division pistol but didn't want to shell out thousands on something I may not like. I picked up a good dovetail mount for my sw-m&p pro and plopped a trijicon rmr on top. Loved it, then decided to convert said m&p to open. Added a better barrel, compensator, racker, magwell, trigger, and sent the slide to be carved up and melted the rmr. It is customized to me, cost much less than the all-out route, works with both factory and hot loads, and is more accurate than I am. The glocks are also a great platform for this. As its heavily modified I would not use it for home defense.

For home defense role, I always use an out of the box factory pistol. One is for reliability, the other is if you did use it, the confiscation time could be lengthy.

First, cut the crap that you are not good enough for competition - most of us started being not good enough too. Go out and have fun, sure you won't win your first time out, but it is great trigger time and you will have lots of fun.

Having said that why not first try a dot on one of your existing guns. I wanted to try Carry Optics in USPSA but was not sure I wanted to spend the money on a PPQ Q5 Match that is set up sort of like a Glock MOS for optics as I already have a PPQ 5" M2 and I did not want to spend $1,000 on a gun and optics to just find I did not like it. So what I did was buy a Dovetail mount and put an optic on a Glock G19 that I hardly used. The mount cost me $25 bucks and it seems rock solid. I was concerned it might not hold zero but I have put over 500 rounds through it and it is working perfectly. Also I would suggest going with the G19 rather than a G17 or G34, no reason for the longer sight radius with an optic and the shorter gun will come out of the holster faster. Here are some pics:

31007025430_5446cb46d8_c_d.jpg

31375585975_f18c952bb2_c_d.jpg

31006412690_34ee65583d_c_d.jpg

That thing is cool as hell!