Sign in to follow this  
Stonecoldchavez

Oaks, PA Gun show Dec 16-18, 2016

I like the show (I've been twice) but I don't know if I'm going to drive two hours in 22° and pay $12 to get in considering I've not had much luck finding the stuff I'm after over the course of two shows: NJ legal magazines, various grips, targets in bulk, etc. 

I might go

I went today to see Joe at JTM's BBQ and had a fun time. Its a big show. 3 rooms full of stuff most of you can't buy LOL.. Seriously though, there were tons of powder/reloading stuff. a gazillion black rifles, a bunch of ammo, milsurp stuff, ect.. a little bit of everything from pickles and BBQ to suppressors. Go check it out! 

The December Oaks Show IIRC is the best of the Oaks shows. However it has too many non firearm vendors and too many vendors with the same thing. Forks of the Delaware Allentown Show is much better. Only firearms vendors there. Next one is in February.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went today to see Joe at JTM's BBQ and had a fun time. Its a big show. 3 rooms full of stuff most of you can't buy LOL.. Seriously though, there were tons of powder/reloading stuff. a gazillion black rifles, a bunch of ammo, milsurp stuff, ect.. a little bit of everything from pickles and BBQ to suppressors. Go check it out! 

Those pickles are worth the price of admission.  :giveheart:

Just got back!  I saw Joe, as well and didnt leave empty handed. the sauce is addicting & you cant leave without getting a pickle or two!

selection of AKs sucked, low grade ARs all over.   I did see one M82A1 & M107A1, but their set up was over priced.  

Oaks is way better than FOTD. All Eagle shows are. That one-armed, blazer wearing homo at Forks had a cop ask me to unload my reload. Give me a break. The cop looked like he wanted to shoot the guy, he felt bad. He was giving me the, "Sorry, yeah I know this guy is a d-bag" look with eye rolls. Who the F wears a blazer, anyway?

I like the show (I've been twice) but I don't know if I'm going to drive two hours in 22° and pay $12 to get in considering I've not had much luck finding the stuff I'm after over the course of two shows: NJ legal magazines, various grips, targets in bulk, etc.

Well, at least print out the $1 off coupon for admission:

http://gunshowtest.weebly.com/coupon.html

I bring a few extras for people in line that forgot or didn't know.

• Like 1

The December Oaks Show IIRC is the best of the Oaks shows. However it has too many non firearm vendors and too many vendors with the same thing. Forks of the Delaware Allentown Show is much better. Only firearms vendors there. Next one is in February.

Lots of Christmas shopping at the Dec show, diversity is great for business :)

Hard to find better deals at gun shows nowadays than you can find on the internet especially if you're an NJ resident who can't buy firearms onsite, don't reload or not a milsurp collector.

We can buy any long gun on site :)

Site note I picked up some HS-6 power to give a try.

I was going to go, but figured I could get a lot of more important stuff done on Sunday instead of driving out there. Really wanted to go and see the difference the results of the election made in regards to ammo pricing... but I'll go next year.

Friend in PA reported nothing great. Mostly overpriced or $99 beatup Turkish Mausers. One Century Eagle of Saladin FN-49 with asking price of $1,350, wouldn't pay that for an original Egyptian. He got a nice 1969 Browning High Power but wouldn't apply to us in NJ.

Said ammo prices were lower but a lot of remanufactured ammo for sale.

Yesterday, I got an H&R Topper Jr. in 20ga in very good shape.  Picked up a couple of trinkets.  No crowds at all on Friday from opening until about 3:00.  There were people everywhere but the aisles were easy to navigate. Didn't feel like cattle being herded.   The vendors also had time to talk with customers on Friday.

I''m guessing today is crowded.

Went this morning. Weather was a bitch getting there. Show was okay. I have gone so many times I see the same stuff, people, junk, etc. Took two newbies from the PRNJ and opened their eyes to Freedom though. 

Average Joe, I saw you but your were busy talking to people so I didn't want to bother you. 

Ammo prices were "okay", not great. I bought a box of Federal .22 (325 rounds for $24). Later I found someone selling it for $19. Grrrr.... oh well. 

Lots a junk being sold there too. Lotsa kydex holster maker's/seller's; lotsa cheap scopes and flashlights, stun guns, etc. A lot of low budget AR's too. Not many AK's from what I could see. Saw one guy had LWRC AR's for $1600. 

Always see something new there too; I guess that is why I keep going. 

Something that surprises me about the larger (1700 table) Oaks gun show is that manufacturers don't visit. I know it's not a trade show, but it seems like a missed opportunity for easy sales and PR. 

I knew going in I probably wasn't going to find anything on my list, but the trip was worth it for reloading supplies and Peter Piper's PA Pickles. I also got to try Kangaroo meat, that was new…

Something that surprises me about the larger (1700 table) Oaks gun show is that manufacturers don't visit. I know it's not a trade show, but it seems like a missed opportunity for easy sales and PR. 

I knew going in I probably wasn't going to find anything on my list, but the trip was worth it for reloading supplies and Peter Piper's PA Pickles. I also got to try Kangaroo meat, that was new…

Manufacturers cannot sell direct to public, nor can distributors, because of their agreements with each other.  For trade show plan for the NRA show at the Harrisburg Ag Hall in February.  Curious to see what it will be this year with the stink the mayor, a llbtard, gave the NRA last year.  I skipped last year because the year before was a repeat of the first NRA show the year before.  Nothing really new or exciting.

Manufacturers cannot sell direct to public, nor can distributors, because of their agreements with each other.  For trade show plan for the NRA show at the Harrisburg Ag Hall in February.  Curious to see what it will be this year with the stink the mayor, a llbtard, gave the NRA last year.  I skipped last year because the year before was a repeat of the first NRA show the year before.  Nothing really new or exciting.

I guess that's the case for firearms, but surely not for accessories (holsters, belts, t-shirts, etc.). Plenty of manufacturers sell direct to the public via website.

Or as they call it in Australia "road kill". 

i  have tried joeys and ostrich is much better.

What a great show, lots of people all weekend...sales were jumpin.

Went this morning. Weather was a bitch getting there. Show was okay. I have gone so many times I see the same stuff, people, junk, etc. Took two newbies from the PRNJ and opened their eyes to Freedom though. 

Average Joe, I saw you but your were busy talking to people so I didn't want to bother you. 

Ammo prices were "okay", not great. I bought a box of Federal .22 (325 rounds for $24). Later I found someone selling it for $19. Grrrr.... oh well. 

Lots a junk being sold there too. Lotsa kydex holster maker's/seller's; lotsa cheap scopes and flashlights, stun guns, etc. A lot of low budget AR's too. Not many AK's from what I could see. Saw one guy had LWRC AR's for $1600. 

Always see something new there too; I guess that is why I keep going. 

Ahh man, ya should have swung by anyways...next time.

I was set up right by the pickles, center of the show.

Or as they call it in Australia "road kill". 

i  have tried joeys and ostrich is much better.

The kangaroo meat stick topped ostrich and gator in my culinary opinion. 

I was set up right by the pickles, center of the show.

There were two Peter Piper's stations but the other was towards the corner of a room so I'm pretty sure I know where you were. I need to remind myself next time to look for the "JTM BBQ" logo, not a yellow sign that says "Average Joe's".

There were two Peter Piper's stations but the other was towards the corner of a room so I'm pretty sure I know where you were. I need to remind myself next time to look for the "JTM BBQ" logo, not a yellow sign that says "Average Joe's".

Good call...avatar changed lol