Almost 4 years ago I moved out of Toms River and down to Marlton. After about 6 months I moved back to Toms River. I never updated my FID because I had no intentions of buying any more handguns and I wasn't shooting much. I decided I wanted to start back up shooting more and get a few new toys. I submitted my Change of Address along with a request for two pistol permits on December 6th. As of yesterday my references never received paperwork. Today I got a call from the PD letting me know my permits were ready to pick up! If you take the holidays into account that comes in under 30 days!

Kudos to Toms River PD for being on the ball!

• Like 1

Yeah, I got my pistol permits from TRPD in less than 30 days, I applied in November, small reward I suppose.

With that said the whole process is an abomination.

We should never have to get a permission slip from anyone to own, buy or use any firearm for legal purposes.

When people from other countries come to the US and comment on how free we are, that's how I feel when I travel and talk to people from free America.

I carry in states that have reciprocity with FL & VA, I keep loaded in the glove box or center column in states I can't carry but allow this form of car carry (i.e SC).

We as residents of NJ should always feel like a dude who lived in Poland under the USSR and just moved to the US.

Never forget how our necks are stood on by the authorities here in NJ

Yeah, I got my pistol permits from TRPD in less than 30 days, I applied in November, small reward I suppose.

With that said the whole process is an abomination.

We should never have to get a permission slip from anyone to own, buy or use any firearm for legal purposes.

When people from other countries come to the US and comment on how free we are, that's how I feel when I travel and talk to people from free America.

I carry in states that have reciprocity with FL & VA, I keep loaded in the glove box or center column in states I can't carry but allow this form of car carry (i.e SC).

We as residents of NJ should always feel like a dude who lived in Poland under the USSR and just moved to the US.

Never forget how our necks are stood on by the authorities here in NJ

Oh I FULLY agree with you. However as long as we live in this state this is how it will be NJ2AS has done a great job on awareness, but we just don't have enough people pressing. Even if we did, the vinegar bags in Trenton will still pass what THEY want, not what we want. TR could have drag this out much much longer like other townships. They didn't though. So they deserve acknowledgment for working within the law. It was more of a surprise when the lady that took my forms told me they were running around two months. The day started out awful for me, so this brought a smile to my face. Time to spend some money :-)

• Like 1