YankeeSC

Holosun HS503CU $189

No MAP violation, because you have to click to see their lowest price. And besides, it's listed at that price or lower a half dozen other places as well. So good luck with that.

I'm glad your familiar with our MAP agreemnet...

:facepalm:

You guys realize that MM is the local and regional sales representative for Holosun optics right?

Part of that position makes him responsible to enforce the MAP requiremnts set forth by Holosun. I am pretty sure he is dialed in on what does and does not violate their MAP agreements.

Also, if you are in the market for a good price in a Holosun optic, maybe just ask MM about the optics and pricing he has available instead of busting his balls? Just sayin....

Furthermore, you guys also realize that as a company, Botach's ethics are up there with Pol Pot? They aggressively steel other guys designs and then offer them for sale under the "KZ" line of gear. When the guy that designed the original gear calls them on it, they say "Go ahead, sue us. We have more $$ and more lawyers than you."

Fuck Botach at any price.

• Like 3

Agree, won't give botach a dime of my money. Would definitely support a local business, but it's tough when the online pricing is often significantly better and more importantly for me more convenient, it always a tough call.

I've not dealt with MM at all, I'm sure he's a great guy with a great service/product and I'm intrigued by a NJ based manufacturer, but if he was looking to bring the business in local, I'd have gone about it differently by offering up an alternative in a positive light.

If you want another online alternative. $199 at optics planet and apply one of the 10% off coupons and it can be had for $180 shipped.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/holosun-hs503cu-circle-micro-red-dot-sight.html

Agree, won't give botach a dime of my money. Would definitely support a local business, but it's tough when the online pricing is often significantly better and more importantly for me more convenient, it always a tough call.

I've not dealt with MM at all, I'm sure he's a great guy with a great service/product and I'm intrigued by a NJ based manufacturer, but if he was looking to bring the business in local, I'd have gone about it differently by offering up an alternative in a positive light.

If you want another online alternative. $199 at optics planet and apply one of the 10% off coupons and it can be had for $180 shipped. http://www.opticsplanet.com/holosun-hs503cu-circle-micro-red-dot-sight.html

Your right...You can get Holosun Optics at RTSP or Howell Gun Works or Legend Firearms or Shooters or Garden State Shooting center...

Thanks Cat but I'd rather you go to the other stores...I like to stimulate business for the dealers...if anyone has any questions on Holosun please contact me...I shoot almost everyday with Holosun mounted on everything from an AR to a 12 guage...

Thanks Cat but I'd rather you go to the other stores...I like to stimulate business for the dealers...if anyone has any questions on Holosun please contact me...I shoot almost everyday with Holosun mounted on everything from an AR to a 12 guage...

I want a Holosun so bad, I shouldered a few of Joe's personal rifles @ MM with different Holosun's mounted and they are awesome.

• Like 1

What is the MAP price?  I like to support the locals but I believe most map agreements don't cover those, add to cart or click to see lowest price.  I believe it's about search engine support.  I'm not looking to diss either side of this but understand the MAP for this particular device. 

MAP is Minimum Advertised Price... it's instituted to keep the playing field level.

AND to stifle competition. MAPs benefit the sellers; they hurt the consumers.

Running a small business is undoubtedly harder than I can fathom, so I understand where you are coming from--but my point of view is decidedly on the other side of the issue.

AND to stifle competition. MAPs benefit the sellers; they hurt the consumers.

Running a small business is undoubtedly harder than I can fathom, so I understand where you are coming from--but my point of view is decidedly on the other side of the issue.

10X...Running a small business is very hard and everyone is entitled to make money, but you can't when some Online dealer undercuts you. That's greedy bad business. When they kill all the mom and pop shops then they will jack up the prices and have no other choice.

Both Online retailers have admitted their mistake and adjusted their pricing.

Holosun is a company that provides very high quality optics at attainable prices. I use them on a daily basis and they always work when they are supposed to. That is why i work for them today. 

Everyone wants something for nothing.

• Like 1

10X...Running a small business is very hard and everyone is entitled to make money, but you can't when some Online dealer undercuts you. That's greedy bad business. ..

It's not greedy bad business.  It's greedy good business.   In a free market, it's greed that motivates people develop new products, bring new ideas to market, and keeps prices down.

However, I have no problem with a manufacturer setting a min. advertised price.  The manufacturer believes they can maximize their profits by forcing retailers to keep prices high. That's part of the greedy free market too.  If Holosun was selling water to people who were dying of thirst - it would be greedy bad business.  But since they'll selling something non-essential that many other manufacturer's are also making and selling, competition will prevent overpricing of goods. 

It's all just greedy good business.

• Like 2