Twospot

Questions on M&P 9

Would I be damned for mentioning Xd http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/xdm-competition-series-9mm/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Well, I was in the same boat, looking at the same handguns

I ended up going with the Springfield XD Mod.2 Tactical (5" barrel).  Plus right now they have a rebate going on for 4 extra mags, a holster and mag pouches

Just picked up a ProCORE from Steve. The Pro trigger feels a lot better than the regular V1 trigger but I already have the APEX aluminum trigger kit waiting.

While there I played around with the M&P 2.0 and it felt really nice. The trigger was the same as the CORE but still not as good as the APEX.

The new ProCORE already has an RM07 on top :-)

• Like 1

Just picked up a ProCORE from Steve. The Pro trigger feels a lot better than the regular V1 trigger but I already have the APEX aluminum trigger kit waiting.

While there I played around with the M&P 2.0 and it felt really nice. The trigger was the same as the CORE but still not as good as the APEX.

The new ProCORE already has an RM07 on top :-)

So I should APEX the 2.0 when I get it?

My 2.0 is the 5" Steve has sitting around.

So I should APEX the 2.0 when I get it?

My 2.0 is the 5" Steve has sitting around.

The APEX trigger is without a doubt better than any factory trigger I have ever felt on a polymer gun. Having said that, it's really up to you. Shoot the factory trigger for a bit and if you feel like it's not enough you can upgrade.

I also have the competition spring kit in the M&P9 and the same will be going into the ProCORE I just got. Most people who shoot it find themselves uncomfortable with a trigger that light and I can see the reservation. I would recommend staying with the 4# or 3# spring that comes with the APEX kit in the beginning and seeing if you want to go lighter.

That pistol/trigger has been through two Vickers classe, 2 or 3 MDTS class and two S&T classes without a problem so I am confident in its usability even with the lighter spring.

I still have one P2P to burn. That 2.0 was calling my name when I was at Steve's picking up the ProCORE. The permit will still be good in 28 days. Decisions decisions.

The APEX trigger is without a doubt better than any factory trigger I have ever felt on a polymer gun. Having said that, it's really up to you. Shoot the factory trigger for a bit and if you feel like it's not enough you can upgrade.

I also have the competition spring kit in the M&P9 and the same will be going into the ProCORE I just got. Most people who shoot it find themselves uncomfortable with a trigger that light and I can see the reservation. I would recommend staying with the 4# or 3# spring that comes with the APEX kit in the beginning and seeing if you want to go lighter.

That pistol/trigger has been through two Vickers classe, 2 or 3 MDTS class and two S&T classes without a problem so I am confident in its usability even with the lighter spring.

I still have one P2P to burn. That 2.0 was calling my name when I was at Steve's picking up the ProCORE. The permit will still be good in 28 days. Decisions decisions.

The point of this pistol is to get into IDPA. I figured I would start with the pistol bone stock so I can focus on the game more than the what I just modified (if that makes any sense). 

I had some mods already planned for future based on what I think would help. Sights, trigger, and magwell. I know that would put my in ESP class and I'm fine with that once I get out there and feel comfortable.

Which Apex parts do you have.. Aluminum or poly trigger? Spring kit? Sear?

I have this installed in one M&P9 and the same waiting to go into the ProCORE
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAPEX100067&name=Apex+S%26W+M%26P+Aluminum+Forward+Set+Sear+%26+Trigger+Kit&groupid=8120

Along wit this:
https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/191843

I used the pistol in one USPSA match at RTSP and was bumped into the Limited Division.  Not sure how IDPA works.  

What Magwell are you running?  I'd like to try one, but none of the ones that I was able to find seem to work with factory mags and factory base plates.  

I have this installed in one M&P9 and the same waiting to go into the ProCORE

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAPEX100067&name=Apex+S%26W+M%26P+Aluminum+Forward+Set+Sear+%26+Trigger+Kit&groupid=8120

Along wit this:

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/191843

I used the pistol in one USPSA match at RTSP and was bumped into the Limited Division.  Not sure how IDPA works.  

What Magwell are you running?  I'd like to try one, but none of the ones that I was able to find seem to work with factory mags and factory base plates.  

I'm not running anything yet. I was looking at Speed Shooter Specialties but I wasn't sure what base plates would work.