MartyZ

USMC has chosen new magazines, PMAG GEN3

very cool.  the gen3's are my favorite

My favorite too

WHY?

I only have gen 2 because I can shorten them and re-attach the baseplate to make them compliant --  I like the length of a cut 15 rnd mag over a blocked standard sized mag

What makes the gen 3 better?

the gen3's just feel more refined to me and don't flex as much as the older (not abused) pmags I have.  not much else to say really.

I get what you're saying about being able to cut down standard capacity to 15rds, but I've come to appreciate 15/30 full size mags for the extra real estate to grab during mag changes.  Plus, shorter cut mags tend to dip and get stuck in the pouches/chest rig I have so I've leaned toward standard sized mags as long as I'm not shooting off a rest.

http://blog.1800gunsandammo.com/magpul-pmags-everything-you-wanted-to-know/

I was curious what the differences were, and that article had way more info than I needed to know about the versions.

Then I started going and looking for 15/20 gen3s, and now I need to go and spend more money I shouldn't to get some.

http://blog.1800gunsandammo.com/magpul-pmags-everything-you-wanted-to-know/

I was curious what the differences were, and that article had way more info than I needed to know about the versions.

Then I started going and looking for 15/20 gen3s, and now I need to go and spend more money I shouldn't to get some.

http://midwestpx.com/magazines/limited-capacity-pmags/15-round/15-20-midwest-px-m3-magpul-pmag-black.html

Don't forget "NJGF" for 5% off the entire order!

I see the elimination of magazine restrictions as a very good possibility in our near future.

I will not buy another neutered magazine!

Trump said, "Gun and magazine bans are a total failure. That’s been proven every time it’s been tried. Opponents of gun rights try to come up with scary sounding phrases like “assault weapons”, “military-style weapons” and “high capacity magazines” to confuse people. What they’re really talking about are popular semi-automatic rifles and standard magazines that are owned by tens of millions of Americans. Law-abiding people should be allowed to own the firearm of their choice. The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own."