Jfoster99

ACOG offset BUIS ??

I'm looking to add an RMR sight to an ACOG TA01.

My TA01 currently has BUIS in top center.

I have found plenty of RMR mounts but no luck in locating the side offset BUIS. Trijicon website only lists the center BUIS and eBay /google search was no help..

Any suggestion on how to obtain these? See photo below of the center BUIS and offset BUIS with RMR..

75aa66cf7a857e68f1a48b8736df8f06.jpg

7eb03d330da7d76392343e225e633ff4.png

I think that considering those nubs rifle  sights is a bit strange.

You are looking at having two sighting systems already on that rifle, and you are asking about a third which has less sight radius then a Glock 19. I'm not really sure what that sight radius is going to accomplish on a rifle, it isn't as if you can zero them or anything. When mounted on the optics, ok fine, lets go with the theory that somehow a hit big enough that it breaks an ACOG somehow does NOT break the sights mounted on it and you still have something. If you are going to mount a red dot, that is your something. 

belts are cool, belts and suspenders ok fine, belt and suspenders and duct tape is taking a bit far :)

However, sorry I have no idea where you can find some. Have you called trijicon and asked if they shipped any to their dealers and to whom? If those are not made by Trijicon, have you called whoever makes them?

Three sighting systems is the standard config for the ACOG ECOS product line. I'm just trying to duplicate the standard setup offered by Trijicon..

I would say the need is mostly "Aesthetic". That is the way Trijicon makes them so that is how I want mine to look.

If you want a functional setup instead of one that looks like a catalog photo but is not usable:

ACOG in a quick detach mount, like one of the LaRue or ADM offerings.

Standard folding BUIS front and back.

Small MRDS/RMR mounted at 45*

Having the MRDS/RMR above the ACOG is flat out terrible. Don't do it, please, for the children....

Horrendous mechanical offset issues and weird chin welds are required for normal shooting. Any asymmetrical positions are nearly impossible.

I spoke to several certified Forum Operators and the ACOG/RMR combo is so deadly effective they recommended The neck strain issue simply be mitigated via a Tactical Cervical Support System. The unit below is available in OD Green and FDE for operational deployment.

458017169d9bc768341a6a9b76e02374.png

Seriously though I want an RMR sight regardless.. I plan on using it on my Glock as well. It won't go to wast if it does not work well on the AGOG.

I got the Dual Illumination 12.9MOA Amber Triangle. $520 shipped from optics planet. Including the AGOG mount.

Thanks for the heads up on the Larue QD mount. The stock dual thumb screw just ain't going to cut it for long.

Be aware, the reticle on the dual illum models wash out in low light when using a white light for target ID. The optic can't compensate for the bright light downrange while the optic is still in darkness, this keeps the reticle dim which makes it hard to see on the target in the bright light from your WML/Handheld.

If you want the RMR on the rifle, use a 45* offset mount.

Be aware, the reticle on the dual illum models wash out in low light when using a white light for target ID.

The Meprolight M21 sight on my X95 Tavor had the same washout issue. Then some guy came up with a solution he calls a W.O.R. ( wash out remover). Basically a tiny little led light mounted to the side to give the reticle a boost in power when needed. Looks like a tiny charging handle.

e8059c03deb225e64ef8cba907641477.png