Twospot

Night sights and trigger work in IDPA/USPSA

I have no intentions of doing any competition shooting any time soon, but maybe next year after I get re-acquainted with shooting and take a few training classes that involve drawing and movement. I would most likely want to start out in a class with stock guns. I read that there are some minor changes that are acceptable in these classes. Would upgraded sights (with tritium) and an apex trigger kit still be acceptable in an IDPA or USPSA stock class?

I have no intentions of doing any competition shooting any time soon, but maybe next year after I get re-acquainted with shooting and take a few training classes that involve drawing and movement. I would most likely want to start out in a class with stock guns. I read that there are some minor changes that are acceptable in these classes. Would upgraded sights (with tritium) and an apex trigger kit still be acceptable in an IDPA or USPSA stock class?

If you want to shoot Production in USPSA, the trigger mods must not be visible. In other words, you can do internal trigger work, but replacing the actual trigger itself, is a no go. Also, night sights aren't the best for shooting competition. Not that it won't work, but a fiber optic front sight and plain black rear sights are the setup you will see most on competition guns.

• Like 1

If you want to shoot Production in USPSA, the trigger mods must not be visible. In other words, you can do internal trigger work, but replacing the actual trigger itself, is a no go. Also, night sights aren't the best for shooting competition. Not that it won't work, but a fiber optic front sight and plain black rear sights are the setup you will see most on competition guns.

Thank you!

As long as they are the notch and post type - no ghost ring etc.

Ok cool thank you! I have another permit to burn as some already read my thread it will be the M&P 9 M2.0. When I decide which gun I want to go with I will get night sights for the other.