Sign in to follow this  
weekend_junkie

Major law firm support gun control

I just happened upon this article and thought it relevant to share. Worse yet, I'm finding myself at a moral conflict since I've directly and recently (though unwittingly) supported hiring one of these firms for a $$$$$$$$ fee. Not sure if this touches anyone else's world, but it's a good example of the big money back-channels against our 2a rights.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/business/dealbook/gun-control-big-law-firms.html?0p19G=c

• Like 1

As expected another slanted NYT article. The explosion of gun violence???? Except for the slight increase in the largest violent cities that have the most stringent gun laws (like Chicago) crime is at all time lows (as per the FBI stats). But who cares about facts anyway. Once we get a couple of more 2A friendly justices on the SCOTUS this initiative will be at the fringes and hopefully when the next Heller type landmark decision comes around our 2A rights will get more firmly entrenched in the law.

• Like 1

As expected another slanted NYT article. The explosion of gun violence???? Except for the slight increase in the largest violent cities that have the most stringent gun laws (like Chicago) crime is at all time lows (as per the FBI stats). But who cares about facts anyway. Once we get a couple of more 2A friendly justices on the SCOTUS this initiative will be at the fringes and hopefully when the next Heller type landmark decision comes around our 2A rights will get more firmly entrenched in the law.

Bingo! I have a number of issues with Trump... but I justify my vote for him by thinking that his Supremes will almost undoubtedly help stem the tide of this rising and increasing powerful anti-2A movement that is founded more on fears than facts (...along with a few other social movements that have gotten equally out of step with reality... immigration, etc.).

You can hear the panic in the article.

Panic means we are winning.