Twospot

Does anyone buy carry guns even though you can't

I was wondering if anyone buys carry guns even though they can't carry. 

Because if you are going to carry, someday, somewhere, you want to be proficient first.   So start training now.

• Like 1

I met him at a shotgun shoot. He's probably one of the most pro-gun cops I know.

He's taken more guns off the streets then any other cop ever! Except they are his personal collection haha

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

• Like 2

Being a gun guy and a cop I get to see both sides. Guns laws don't stop criminals. That's why they are criminals. They don't care about laws. These stupid restrictions do nothing to curb crime. The locations with the strictest gun laws have the highest crime rates. I know I'm lreaching to the choir here. With my job I get access to certain benefits but overall the whole system is flawed. I hope the national conceal carry passes. Then this state will be forced to allow its citizens to protect themselves instead of just allowing them to be victims.

Most people don't realize that NJ just went to a new bail reform system that bacically puts criminals back on the street right away. I know for a fact that hasn't been publicized

• Like 6

Being a gun guy and a cop I get to see both sides. Guns laws don't stop criminals. That's why they are criminals. They don't care about laws. These stupid restrictions do nothing to curb crime. The locations with the strictest gun laws have the highest crime rates. I know I'm lreaching to the choir here. With my job I get access to certain benefits but overall the whole system is flawed. I hope the national conceal carry passes. Then this state will be forced to allow its citizens to protect themselves instead of just allowing them to be victims.

Most people don't realize that NJ just went to a new bail reform system that bacically puts criminals back on the street right away. I know for a fact that hasn't been publicized

Some of us know. The wording was the same as the gas tax amendment. In nj it truly is the governors vs the governed

just got my NH non resident permit good for 4yrs all you need is $100.00 application fee thats it.

Can you lead me in the right direction. On the NH State police site the app says you need a valid carry permit from your state of residence?? How do i get a NH Permit?

Can someone define carry gun for me? Seriously. What makes a gun a carry gun? For that matter, what makes a gun not a carry gun?

I can carry and I do, always. I usually carry a BUG as well.

I don't own a handgun I can't carry, and I often carry a Glock 35 with an X300u off duty.

If it were up to me every law abiding citizen would be allowed to.

Agreed 100%

• Like 1

Apologies, I know it is off topic, but it is important -

Bail reform is the biggest joke in the world. And BLF, it's rediculousness is getting out there. This was in today's paper:

Jersey City man accused of shooting man released from jail

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2017/01/jersey_city_man_accused_of_shooting_man_released_f.html

Can you lead me in the right direction. On the NH State police site the app says you need a valid carry permit from your state of residence?? How do i get a NH Permit?

1) Fill out the form.....Follow the instructions on page 2 to the letter.

2) LEAVE THE SPACE FOR HOME STATE CARRY PERMIT # BLANK.

3) List your 3 references....They will NOT be contacted!

4) Include a check for $100.00

5) Do NOT send copies of anything.

You will get your carry permit about 8 weeks later.....Guaranteed!

Sorry for the caps but this subject has been addressed Ad Nauseum here!

• Like 1

5) Do send copies of anything.

Thank you!!

I have carried all of my handguns at one time or another. I don't buy one as a carry gun because they all can be carried. Depends on what you're wearing and the time of year. Many times I'll carry two. Beretta 96 OWB with a. 380 in a Ankle Holster. A M57 fits nicely IWB in back. Ruger Service Six In a Shoulder Holster. I have a double shoulder holster and did once carry both a Beretta 92 and 96 but that was a little much. I guess one could get used to it, but it didn't feel very natural. The only ones I haven't carried are WWI-WWII Pistols Luger, Nambu, and 1911.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5) Do NOT send copies of anything.

Page 2. Letter from local police department? Does not apply to NJ residents....is that correct

Page 2. Letter from local police department? Does not apply to NJ residents....is that correct

5) Do NOT send copies of anything. (This falls under #5)

Since NJ is "may issue", This does not apply. Follow my guide and do not over think this. It is cut and dry. Due to a lawsuit and a NH Supreme Court ruling, the NH CCW is ridiculously easy to get right now!

• Like 4

I purchased a Glock 26 in anticipation of conceal carrying at some point in the future. Already have a G34 and G19. So it rounded out my Glock collection. Will likely try doing so in PA sometime this year. I am in my 60s and carrying is on my bucket list. I have my NH permit and also just mailed my documentation in for my Texas non-resident permit, also recognized by Pa. . (Took the training class in Dallas. For details, refer to my post in the Training Forum.).

Because if you are going to carry, someday, somewhere, you want to be proficient first.   So start training now.

This is a great point and well taken. The other side is who knows what the future holds. Could move to PA at some point. I KNEW. I should have went for 3 permits instead of 2!

I purchased a Glock 26 in anticipation of conceal carrying at some point in the future..

I also did this years ago. Then I moved to America and am able to carry, first thing I noticed is the G26 is too big, so went with the G43. Maybe in PA with layers the 26 is good, but it was 81 on the beach yesterday, need something that fits in a micro pocket