Malsua

Anyone else get a drone for Christmas?

You live in a nice area. Whats your opinion on it? Is this the one https://www.amazon.com/U818A-WiFi-Quadcopter-Drone-Camera/dp/B00SH3MU0U? How long does the batteries last?

Close...it's this one.   https://www.amazon.com/Altitude-Camera-Remote-Control-Headset/dp/B01KYLA1KI/ref=sr_1_5?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1485103591&sr=1-5&keywords=u818a+fpv+wifi

The factory battery lasts about 5 minutes.  I bought some 400mah that adds a minute or so more.   It's pretty short.

I'm pretty happy with the drone.  It's considered one of the best starting drones because it holds its position and such.  I've crashed it a few times, including getting it stuck in the trees.  It fell without any damage, so it's pretty robust as far as that goes.   I've bent the props in a crash, then just bent them back.  Shrug.  It comes with spares and spares are cheap to buy.

I would like to get one of those drones that cost about 1.5k and have really good video, but this isn't too bad for what it is.

• Like 1

Did you have to register it with the FAA? I heard that is a requirement now.

This one is light enough that you do not have to register it.    It also gets tossed about in air currents, so there's good with the bad.   It does a pretty good job of just hanging in space, but it drifts.