Sign in to follow this  
gleninjersey

Take Your Kids To Concerts?

For those with young teenagers, do you take them to concerts? Took my oldest to see Five Seconds of Summer (some boy band) last summer. She was 13. She saw them previoys year with her aunt. That was her first concert. Tonight we went to see Twenty One Pilots.

Probably take her to see some something I like later this year.

Once, yrs ago. Moody Blues at the PNC BAC when my kids were like 15&11 or so. Gorgous summer eve on the lawn fairly family friendly band...I"ll just say the older hippy couple in front of us was a great sideshow untill the paramedics had to persuade them to go away with them lol.

• Like 1

For those with young teenagers, do you take them to concerts? Took my oldest to see Five Seconds of Summer (some boy band) last summer. She was 13. She saw them previoys year with her aunt. That was her first concert. Tonight we went to see Twenty One Pilots.

Probably take her to see some something I like later this year.

I don't prefer to go to concerts myself, frankly, because the noise, mayhem, etc., :D distract me from actually enjoying the music. I don't need the atmosphere. I just want the music, and I can do that just as effectively with a good pair of Bose QC's,    That said, I don't think I would have minded taking my niece or nephew had they wanted to go to a particluar event.  Both are, pretty much, adults now (they will be 21 and 18 this year) and can go by themselves.

Just out of curiosity, what's the issue?

Bring earplugs - they may need them depending how close you sit. You can screw up your hearing for life with noise exposure at a young age.

If I'm that close, I'd have other, more important things to worry about.... ("lnvoluntary moshing," etc. etc.) :D

Since hearing protection was mentioned, I highly recommend these over foam earplugs that you'd use at the range:

https://www.amazon.com/ETY-Plugs-Fidelity-Earplugs-Standard-Frost/dp/B0015WJQ7A/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1485149575&sr=8-1&keywords=etymotics

They protect your hearing for concerts but have flat attenuation so they won't muddy up the music. And you can still hear people speaking. Don't use them at the range, they won't work for that.

I was a union stagehand for 34 years, worked PNC, Giant stadium, pru center, njpac, Lots of venues. Some shows I would take kiddies to, but others, NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once had a handgun to my head at MSG. ODs at PNC are rampant!

How was Zac Brown? See they are coming to PNC and thinking about taking family.

They played a great show, sound was fantastic and they were very supportive of our armed forces throughout the show, had several up on stage with them and Zac Brown did a nice tribute to them as well.

Bring earplugs - they may need them depending how close you sit. You can screw up your hearing for life with noise exposure at a young age.

+1000 this. I was that teenage kid family took to concerts. I have more tinnitus from that than from shooting by a huge margin. 

There are plenty of brands of high fidelity, low noise reduction plugs out there, decent ones were mentioned up thread. Worth the money.