CageFighter

Glock 43?

Garden State Shooting Center in Lakewood has a 43 (and a 42) on the rental board.

If you go alone, be sure to bring a gun with you.

GSSC will not rent to you solo unless you bring your own gun with you.

Why not just keep carrying the G27?

Looking at their stats side by side*:

F5AC1213-0C34-4BC2-82F6-C1DBADC2D323_zps

You are cutting 2mm in height, 4mm in width, and 4mm in length, and shaving around 4.6 oz loaded. But you are losing 3 rounds in capacity*. I'd rather have the rounds.

I like Glocks. I have shot and I like the G43. But, if you already have a G27 is the juice really worth the squeeze? I shoot my G27 better than a G43. Plus, then you are buying a new gun, new holster, new mags, new sights, etc.... for what? Saving a few oz and a mm here or there?

Are those minuscule differences going to really make carrying a gun any more comfortable?

* The chart is for a G26, couldn't find a direct G27 to G43 comparison. The G26 and G27 are very similar in all stats except the G27 has a loaded weight of 27oz and a mag capacity of 9.

Are those minuscule differences going to really make carrying a gun any more comfortable?

Had both, sold the g26, it did make a difference. Maybe I need a larger beer belly :)

I also shot the G43 better with double taps, it jumped and snapped less, for me. You need to either rent or buy both to decide.

Besides, he has a g27, we all know that 9mm is better than the 40. So if he goes g26 he can still keep his holster

Dude, you are ridiculous. The Glock 26 should be your choice, it's basically a thicker Glock 43 with much more to offer.

Well, the g19 is only slightly bigger and offers more, then again the g17 is not much bigger than the 19 and gives you even more rounds. Look how small the g43 is compared to the g17, that g43 looks like it be great for civilian ccw :)

I have the G43 and love it....

The G26 is sort of stuck in no mans land now...... The G19 is only slightly bigger and the G43 is slim enough to make a difference....

I carry my G19 90% of the time, but those evenings going out to dinner or on extremely hot days where clothes dictate a smaller CCW, the G43 gets on the job.... 

Had both, sold the g26, it did make a difference. Maybe I need a larger beer belly :)

I also shot the G43 better with double taps, it jumped and snapped less, for me. You need to either rent or buy both to decide.

Besides, he has a g27, we all know that 9mm is better than the 40. So if he goes g26 he can still keep his holster

If you want a 9mm, you can convert your G27. All you need is a conversion barrel, 9mm trigger housing (9mm and .40 need a different shape ejector), 9mm extractor assembly (extractor, spring, bar, and plunger), and 9mm mags. You now have a G27 that shoots 9mm reliably enough for CCW use for 1/2 the cost of a G43.

I have the G43 and love it....

The G26 is sort of stuck in no mans land now...... The G19 is only slightly bigger and the G43 is slim enough to make a difference....

I carry my G19 90% of the time, but those evenings going out to dinner or on extremely hot days where clothes dictate a smaller CCW, the G43 gets on the job....

I agree that if you are a dedicated CCW'er there are times where a G43 size gun as a primary carry price is the answer - but that's few and far between.

I have a Kahr PM9 (purchased many years before the G43 was available) that I bought as a BUG to my usual primary carry of a G23/G35. It's a great gun, nice trigger and shoots great. Occasionally, it is the answer to "How am I going to carry a gun here/in these clothes", but it isn't often and it's ever my first choice. It's a calculated decision to take a less capable gun for the sake of concealment.

I've been appendix carrying a g26 and i think it is more than adequate. I don't think I would feel comfortable downsizing from here unless I'm truly pocket carrying. If I'm only wearing a time shirt I go with the 26 and if it's under some clothing I wear the PPQ or 1911

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Brother, without meeting her, I couldn't tell you.

Is this a CCW piece, HD gun, range toy?

Generally though, I don't recommend sub-compact guns for new or weaker (in ability, not strength) shooters.

I would suggest a bigger gun for any new shooter or anyone else that is worried about recoil. You want some mass to help soak up some of that impulse.

The worst is when guys go out, buy their ladies (Mom, sister, girlfriend, wife, whatever) what they think is a good "girls" gun (Hint - There are no "Girl Guns"). Inevitably, the end up buying them a tiny little .380 - like a Ruger LCP, Glock 42, Kel Tec or S&W Bodyguard. They think because it is small and shoots .380 it's a good choice for the weaker/fairer sex (Hint - This is bullshit). In reality, that's about the worst gun ever for any new shooter. They are snappy, hard to shoot, and after a few rounds become painful. Those tiny guns make it easy to get body parts - especially hands - in front of the muzzle when manipulating the gun. They can ruin the entire experience of a first range session.

My go to gun for new shooter is a Glock 23, a 9mm conversion barrel, an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit, and a handful of 9mm and .22 mags.

Ultimately, you need to get a bunch of guns in her hands, and let her figure out what she likes the best.

My go to gun for new shooter is a Glock 23, a 9mm conversion barrel, an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit, and a handful of 9mm and .22 mags.

This........................  Start with 22LR and work up.

Brother, without meeting her, I couldn't tell you.

Is this a CCW piece, HD gun, range toy?

Generally though, I don't recommend sub-compact guns for new or weaker (in ability, not strength) shooters.

I would suggest a bigger gun for any new shooter or anyone else that is worried about recoil. You want some mass to help soak up some of that impulse.

Ultimately, you need to get a bunch of guns in her hands, and let her figure out what she likes the best.

That is easy. She is a short, feisty, old Italian lady. :)

More for HD and the range. I don't foresee her CCW anytime soon. 

The reason I mention the smaller Glocks is because she has arthritis in her left hand and has trouble racking guns with stiffer recoil springs (i.e. my Sigs and 1911's). Years ago I leant her (shhh!) her my Glock 23 for a NRA beginning shooter class. She had no problems racking the slide. 

I have taken her to Cabela's in Hamburg to try out many different guns. All the same problem; too stiff for her to rack. The only other gun she liked and was able to rack as the Walther PK380, but had problems with the paddle mag release. 

I have suggested to her a revolver, but she is feisty. :) 

I bought the 43 for my wife, she and I loves it. I have a M&P Shield and she cant rack the slide. She shoots my Glock 19 well but wanted something to call her own. Its a nice gun and the recoil is very manageable and very Glocklike if that's a word. It goes bang every time, has yet to FTF or FTE.  You wont go wrong with it