CageFighter

Glock 43?

I have the S&W M&P9 full size, and shot the Glock 43 on Wednesday and the Shield 9mm on Sunday with my wife.  I wanted to get a sense for how the compacts felt plus let my wife compare as she has much smaller hands then me.

Both the 43 and shield felt really small in my hands, but got I used to them and shot pretty well.  Recoil was noticeably snappier on both, and my wife said she actually preferred the full size M&P.

I will have to find a place that has a G26 as a rental for even further comparison because the capacity advantage makes sense to me, and I am assuming there's more to grip on since it's not single stack.

I have the S&W M&P9 full size, and shot the Glock 43 on Wednesday and the Shield 9mm on Sunday with my wife. I wanted to get a sense for how the compacts felt plus let my wife compare as she has much smaller hands then me.

Both the 43 and shield felt really small in my hands, but got I used to them and shot pretty well. Recoil was noticeably snappier on both, and my wife said she actually preferred the full size M&P.

I will have to find a place that has a G26 as a rental for even further comparison because the capacity advantage makes sense to me, and I am assuming there's more to grip on since it's not single stack.

Let me know what you think of the 26 vs 43.

I have the 43 talo and I love it. It feels great in the hand and hides very well. I use a flashbang holster. At the range it's on the money. I have a 42 also but the 43 is way more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an update for those of you playing along at home ...

So I was thinking that I needed a compact pistol for concealed carry, but after doing more research, and going back and re-reading things that High Exposure and others have posted, and guys like James Yeager and others have said out on the inter-webs and youtube, I think I have come to the realization that it's quite feasible and perhaps more desirable to use my full size M&P 9 for concealed carry (or at least have that option).

IWB holsters like those from Alien Gear (hate the name), Stealth Gear USA (more expensive), CrossBreed (only leather and the kydex is bolted on), and others may be the way to go, and they make carrying a full size more comfortable. 

I will still probably ending up getting a Glock 26 though, just because I can. Why limit yourself?! :)

[corrected]

Edited by tomk62