AVB-AMG

Any experience using Grayguns in Spray, OR for custom work?

Does anyone here have any experience using the custom gun shop called: Grayguns in Spray, OR?

Specifically, sending either your H&K or Sig Sauer handgun to them for modifications by their experienced Gun Smiths?

I am considering sending my H&K P30L to them for them to perform their:

"Heckler & Koch Reduced Reset Carry Perfection Package"

I really like my H&K P30L, except for the H&K LEM V1 trigger that came with the gun when I purchased it new, leaves much to be desired for my taste and preferences.  The pull length in the DA seems to take forever and the pull weight is way too much, and the SA is not all that much better, IMHO.  

Grayguns prices are not inexpensive so I would like to get some other opinions on them, as well as possible alternatives.

Thanks....

AVB-AMG

Bruce and his crew do very good work. Just be prepared to be without your gun for A long while. When you call to set up the workorder they will give you A timeframe. Ad at least 3 - 4 weeks to that estimate.  That way you don't fall into the, Wheres my gun thought.   

The work will be good but will take time

As a follow up to this topic, back in mid-February 2017 I decided to move forward with Grayguns, Inc. to do some work on my handgun.  At that time I emailed them, placing a work order request, as noted in my original post, I received an email this past week from Grayguns, Inc. that they are now ready to receive and work on my HK P30L, 9mm hand gun.

I have subsequently specifically requested that they perform the following work:
HK Competition Short Reset
Heckler & Koch (HK) Option for Sights: Supply, Install and Regulate new set of Trijicon HD Night Sights (Orange Front)

I sent them my handgun via the USPS, next-day air service, (which is really 2-day delivery to Spray, OR), and insuring it for the full purchase price with sales tax.
A person from Grayguns, Inc. called me the day after I sent it asking if I am still interested in their performing the work and I said yes and that I had just sent it out to them the day before.  I asked the person a number of detailed questions which they answered completely and were very polite.  I was told that the work would begin immediately upon their receipt of the hand gun and that it would essentially take approx. two weeks and then they would ship it back to me UPS Next-Day Air, (which they will charge me for).  I was pleasantly surprised to hear about that time frame, from what kirk2022 indicated in his post.

I am looking forward to getting back one of my favorite hand guns with a noticeably improved trigger function and much better sights.

AVB-AMG

• Like 1

I sent my P30 out a year or so ago and they were great.  I was thinking about sending them my P7 as well.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.  

My P30 really is one of my favorite firearms.  Nice handling, great ergonomic, accurate and now the trigger is improved (the one place it may have needed help).  To me a really great firearm.   I'll CCW it on occasion when it's cool enough to need a jacket because I don't have a good rig for it.  

Rob0115:

I agree with your assessment of the HK P30 series. I have the "L" variant since I find I am a bit more accurate with it. I agree that this lighter polymer handgun would also work for me for CCW when I need to wear a jacket for more effective concealment. I will be purchasing a Mitch Rosen leather OTW holster in the coming weeks.

BTW, it seems we have similar tastes...

AVB-AMG

• Like 1