Sign in to follow this  
shooter28

Wilson Combat 92fs

Just got my Beretta 92 back from Wilson Combat. The shop did a complete action tune with silicone springs, fiber optic front sight, rear battle sight, and a low profile, single side safety. I had already installed the short reach trigger and the VZ grips.

20170130_181328_zpsj34lctjm.jpg

20170130_181644_zpsfggc06qs.jpg

20170130_181813_zpsqt5bbdbb.jpg

20170130_181913_zpsiyomln6c.jpg

20170130_181831_zpscpfrxzzl.jpg

20170130_181842_zpsecuatk8i.jpg

This pistol rocks. Double action trigger pull is super smooth and down to about 4.5lbs. The single action pull is crisp right around 3.5lbs. The frame slides back and forth like it's on ball bearings. The new sights are great. The front sight is a piece of cake to pick up when presenting the gun. The VZ grips really change the feel of the gun. Perfect amount of grip without being too abrasive. The short reach trigger slightly changes the geometry and improves the feeling. An oversized mag release is in the mail and will be installed soon.

Highly recommend for anyone that wants to refresh their 92. You won't regret it

How much did that run you?

Safety, action tune with chrome silcon springs and sights cost just over $300.

Heres a full list of things they can do. They have packages setup or you can do a la carte ( I did this since I already had the trigger and grips.)

https://dukecreative.wufoo.com/forms/z1dxb2su0pxmtxd/

Well done sir. An short reach trigger is in my future. Curious as to why you didn't have them remove the safety and just make it a decocker only.

The trigger is nice. I originally installed it with the D spring and it made a nice improvement. It positions the trigger slightly differently but just feels right.

I was back and forth on the G conversion decocker. I dont think its a big deal. The only time I ever decock the pistol is when Im putting back in a holster or putting it away. My main goal was to reduce the footprint of the lever itself. With the original lever, whenever I racked the slide by gripping it over the top, there was a good chance I would engage the safety. With the low profile replacement, it doesnt happen anymore. Ive gotten so used to flicking that decocker on and off, I can probably do it just as quick as the g conversion without even thinking about it. It also cost 2x as much haha. Maybe Ill change my mind and have them convert it later on. Eventually I would like to send it back and have them contour the mag well, checker the front and back strap and maybe armour-tuff it. We'll see what happens

I had them completely reman mine to be like the Wilson retail versions.  I did it two years ago for 1300 bucks, then bought two more already done with Wilson combat serial numbers for the same price.  However, everything on my 92fs is done exactly they way I wanted it. 

You'll love it, it completely transforms the platform  

I was thinking about getting those grips for mine. Are they "grippy"? I like a fairly aggressive grip.

They are grippy and way better than either the rubber (Inox) or plastic (std) version that they come with.  

I was thinking about getting those grips for mine. Are they "grippy"? I like a fairly aggressive grip.

You will like these then. Much better than stock grips but not "I'm gonna make your hands bleed" aggressive.